☔︎ 26 ☔︎

☔︎ sam ☔︎

"my mom wants me to go back to kansas, and she told me to talk to you about it, too. i told her that i love you, a-and she was just happy for me, but i really, really don't wanna leave you, or reed, or devin. but especially you," i spoke softly, my head laid against colby's chest as he played with loose strands of my hair.
"i could.. i could go with you? if it's ok with your mom, and my dad, obviously," he suggested, with more of a questioning tone. but it sounded like a dream to have him living with me back in kansas.
"wait, really?" i asked, shifting myself to look up at him with a wince.
"yeah. obviously it'd mean leaving the guys, but we can always visit," he shrugged, chuckling.
"my mom wants to know by the end of today so we kinda need to talk to your dad," i grinned, him grinning right back.
"ok, we need like a whole conversation with everyone here at once, ring your mom, i'll go get my dad," he explained, and i nodded, giggling. if they agreed, it would literally fucking complete my life. colby was my whole entire world at this point, and i couldn't imagine it without him.

☔︎

"ok, so the tickets are booked for next sunday, that's the earliest i could get, so you have just over a week to say your goodbyes, considering it's thursday now," my mom spoke over the phone, colby's dad sat at the end of his bed as i laid with colby's arm behind my head.
"ok, thank you," i giggled, holding my phone with it on speaker.
"you're welcome, dear. i'm gonna go now, but i'll message you later, ok?" she explained, colby grinning and his dad just looking around the room.
"ok. bye," i smiled, leaning my head further into colby.
"bye," she responded, and i ended the phone call.
"dad, are you sure you're ok with this? you look worried," colby spoke, his dad biting his nails. i did that too when i was anxious.
"yeah, i'm just thinking about how quiet it's gonna be without you here," he chuckled, sounding almost identical to colby's chuckle.
"i'll visit you, old man, don't worry," he laughed, shaking his head slightly and looking over at his dad.
"good," he chuckled, "i'll leave you two to it."
colby nodded and waited until the bedroom door was closed, and looked down at me.
"we gotta tell the guys," he sighed, blinking slowly.
"i know, i know. call them. and i think we should do something with them before we go," i explained, looking up at him with a smile.
"like what?" he asked, pulling his phone out to ring reed.
"i don't know, i've never really had friends like you guys. what would you do?" i shrugged, hearing the phone ring.
"we'll brainstorm tomorrow at - are you up for school tomorrow? i don't wanna leave you here all alone," he asked, as reed answered.
"h-hello?" he answered, breathing heavily.
"hey, me and sam need to talk to you and devin. is he there?" colby asked, running his fingers through my hair slowly.
"yeah he's, fuck, he's here," he giggled breathlessly. what on earth was he doing?
"what are you doing? can we face-" colby started, his words being cut off by a moan on the other side of the phone.
"oh my god, you two are fucking!" he laughed, making me giggle.
"we'll ring you back in a minute," devin now spoke on the phone, and the phone call ended. both of us burst out laughing, me hiding my face in his chest as i did so.
"oh dear. i cant believe we just heard that, oh my god. jesus. anyway, are you up for school tomorrow?" he asked with a smile still on his lips.
"can i see how i am tomorrow morning? it's just the pain that's stopping me, that's all," i asked, smiling myself.
"ok," he mumbled, bringing his hand from my hair to my chin, using a single finger to tilt it upwards.
"can i kiss you?" he asked, looking from my eyes to my lips and back up again.
"yeah," i nodded, closing my eyes as he leaned in, feeling his lips press against mine softly. the feeling never died down, the butterflies still came alive in my stomach, and i loved it.

words beginning with ch are so much more fun to pronounce with a j
jilly
jips
jocolate