☔︎ 23 ☔︎

☀︎ colby ☀︎

"can i be honest with you?" sam asked, sitting with his legs crossed opposite me on my bed, sleeve-covered hands in his lap.
"always," i nodded, him biting the inside of his cheek.
"i-i've never felt so strongly about someone before, like i do for you. and i'm terrified," he spoke quietly, hanging and shaking his head slightly and playing with the sleeves on my jumper he was wearing.
"come here," i smiled softly, him looking up and nodding. he crawled to the headboard, where i was, and laid next to me, a warm, yet slightly scared look in his eyes.
"feelings are scary things, i know they are, but you can't fight them. no matter how scary, or overwhelming they are. because they're always gonna follow you. and you should always talk about them, and i'm here to listen if you wanna talk," i explained, seeing him begin to smile.
"i don't want to scare you away," he practically breathed, his words so very close to being inaudible as his slight smile turned to a frown.
"nothing could scare me away from you. you're too special to me," i explained with a quiet chuckle, looking down at his hands and seeing his nails digging into his soft, pale palms.
"don't do that, you'll hurt yourself," i said sternly, but softly, taking his hands in my own.
"i'm sorry," he mumbled, shaking his head again and leaning into me as i put a hand on the back of his head, shuffling closer to him and holding him close to my chest.
"you don't have anything to apologise for, sammy. you don't have to talk to me about your feelings, that's one hundred percent ok, and you shouldn't feel guilty about that," i ran my fingers in gentle circles against the back of his head as he looked up at me.
"i-i want to, but i don't know how to word it without.. i don't know.. being too straightforward?" he furrowed his brows, looking down at my chest with a frown.
"be as straightforward as you want. i'm not gonna leave you, i promise," i soothed, tilting his chin up to look at me.
"i'm in love with you, and it terrifies me," he closed his eyes so he didn't have to look at me, and my heart lurched at his words but shattered at his mannerisms.
"hey, hey, it's ok, look at me," i said softly, him opening tear glazed eyes.
"i'm so, very, extremely in love with you too," i chuckled, smiling warmly. his eyes widened and his lips parted slightly, which soon formed into a smile.
"o-ok," he mumbled, looking like he was holding back a grin, a dimple appearing on his cheek.
"can i kiss you?" i asked, a giggle emitting his lips as he nodded, showing the grin he was holding back. i closed my eyes and tilted my head slightly, pressing my lips against his, him kissing straight back. he was quite literally everything i wanted and more.

☀︎

"i need to head home, my dad's gonna get worried if i don't get back soon," sam sighed, putting his jeans back on after sitting in his boxers and a hoodie all day.
"i'll walk with you. how are you feeling?" i asked, seeing him smile as i stood up.
"a lot better than yesterday. thank you," he mumbled, hugging me tightly as i stretches with a yawn.
"for what?" i chuckled, hugging him back just as tightly.
"for today. for looking after me, and making me happy, a-and making me feel safe," he explained, smiling as one of his cheeks pressed against my chest.
"it's what i'm here for. if you ever need another day like this, just tell me and i'm down for it. even if you just need to talk, i'm here," i gave him a squeeze and moved away slightly, causing him to look up at me.
"you got this. c'mon, let's get you home before it looks suspicious," i chuckled, him nodding as i ruffled his hair.

bro the amount of solby looks we got in colby's recent video made me die