☔︎ 9 ☔︎

☀︎ colby ☀︎

when i showed sam how big my hands were compared to his at lunch, i noticed the bandage on his wrist. i didn't want to ask him about it, because obviously it's far from my place to do so, but i'm pretty sure i knew what it was. and he had to have done that for a reason, nobody does it for no reason. and he was trying to hide it with his sleeves, too, and obviously didn't want anyone to see. he was broken, it was clear and it made me upset. who, or what had hurt this poor, precious boy? everytime i touched him he flinched, and i knew it was a big risk and he might shut me down, but i wanted to get him used to me touching him. not in a weird, or sexual way, just general touching. i wanted to be his friend, so badly. i didn't even care if it was desperate, even if he didn't want a relationship. he was such a sweet guy, and from what i'd seen from meeting him today, he was really kind and funny, too. he didn't speak an awful lot, but i hoped that was only because he'd just met me.
"colby?" reed giggled, waving his hand in front of my face.
"oh, sorry," i mumbled, looking at him.
"you were thinking about saaaaammmm, weren't you," he laughed, nudging me with his elbow gently.
"no, what makes you think that?" i scoffed, straight up lying.
"shut up, don't lie to me," he laughed, looking up at me. he was around the same height as sam, which wasn't very tall.
"i'm not lying!" i scoffed again, my eyes wide.
"yes you are, you do that thing when you're lying," he giggled, imitating my scoff.
"oh, shut up, you little asshole," i laughed, him laughing with me.
"so what do you actually think of sam?" he asked, continuing to match my strides.
"why are you so obsessed?" i asked with a chuckle.
"i just wanna know! you'd be cute together," he squeaked, his eyes widening and his hands fidgeting with zipper on his jacket.
"i think he's cute. and he's sweet, and kind, and funny. i wanna get to know him better, that's for sure. i don't know, though, if he doesn't want to i won't force it," i shrugged, mumbling my words. i was comfortable talking to reed about it, but i knew full well by tomorrow morning devin would know too.
"awwww. we saw you earlier comparing hand sizes and he totally likes you," he giggled, a spring in his step.
"maybe he just likes me as a friend? he's really fragile. anyway, what do you think of sam?" i asked, nudging him.
"he's funny. he's kinda like me, too," he giggled again, pulling on the straps of his backpack.
"well, we'll be seeing him a lot more often, hopefully," i chuckled, reed nodding.
"hm. i feel like it'll be weird to have four of us instead of three," he explained, looking up at the clear sky.
"maybe. i feel like if he fits in with us it'll feel natural. it feels natural for me to spend time with him but i don't know if that's just because i like him. besides, it's still up to him if he wants to spend time with us," i sighed, hoping he did.
"true, true. i think he will though, he seemed really happy earlier, especially with you," he giggled, wiggling his eyebrows at the last part.
"jesus christ, reed. if you keep being like this whilst he's there i'm gonna lose it with you. and i don't even know if he's into guys," i laughed, putting my hands out for dramatic effect and pointing at myself slightly.
"by guys you mean you, and i bet he is. and it's not exactly your fault if you're into him," he shrugged, beginning to skin down the street.
"you got that right," i sighed, my thoughts once again drifting off to sam.

stan mcr for clear skin