☔︎ 22 ☔︎

☔︎ sam ☔︎

"here, let me bandage that up," colby spoke softly, draping a towel over my shoulders and rummaging through the drawers in his bathroom for a clean bandage.
"thank you," i smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder as he stood up with it, taking my arm into his hands. i looked up at his face as he wrapped my arm up, his lips slightly pursed in concentration.
"is this too tight, or is it ok?" he asked, looking down at me, but all i could do was stare at his lips and think about how much i wanted them against mine.
"uh, i-.. i-it's ok. thank you," i gulped, smiling nervously and looking anywhere but at him.
"my lips seem to be interesting to you, huh?" he chuckled, and i felt heat in my cheeks rise significantly as i opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. he raised an eyebrow, a grin playing on his lips.
"kiss me," i blurted, covering my mouth with my hands afterwards, realising what i'd said.
"i can't kiss you if your hands are covering your lips, can i?" he chuckled after a brief silence whilst he placed his hands on my waist.
"i didn't mean to say that," i giggled breathlessly, moving my hands away from my mouth and putting them on the back of his neck.
"but do you want me to?" he asked, tilting his head to the side slightly. i nodded slowly, and i could feel the colour in my cheeks grow impossibly more vibrant as he leaned in, closing the gap between us. his soft, pink lips pressed against mine, butterflies doing somersaults in my stomach, my mind racing at a million miles per hour, my hands getting tangled in his luscious brown locks, my feet feeling weightless as love pulsed through my veins. he pulled away with a huge grin spread across his face, dimples showing, eyes creased.
"get dried and dressed, and we can go lay down," colby explained, running a hand through my wet, dripping hair and placing a kiss to my forehead before starting to walk away.
"colby?" i said softly, struggling to gather my words after what had just happened.
"yeah?" he smiled, turning back around.
"d-do you have a hoodie i can wear? a big one?" i mumbled, looking at my hands, which were fidgeting with eachother.
"i'll bring you one in a sec. dry off," he chuckled, and i nodded, taking the towel off of my shoulders. i really, truly fucking loved him.

☔︎

"thank youuu," i giggled as i walked back into colby's room, my clothes in my hand as i was only wearing his hoodie, which almost reached my knees, and my boxers.
"you look adorable," he chuckled, laid on his bed spread out.
"thank you," i grinned, putting my clothes in my bag, walking over to the bed.
"do you wanna cuddle?" he asked, raising his eyebrows, making his eyes go wide.
"yeah," i nodded, giggling as i laid down next to him, pulling his covers over me as he put his arms around me.
"do you wanna watch tv?" he asked, voice soft as ever above my ear.
"sure," i smiled, just grateful for him being here and taking care of me. i felt my eyelids drooping, but i didn't wanna fall asleep just yet.
"what do you wanna watch?" he asked, and i simply just shrugged.
"anything, i'm not bothered," i mumbled, my arm across his chest as he chuckled.
"are you tired?" he asked, smiling.
"i would say no, but i don't wanna lie to you. i wanna speak to you instead," i spoke quietly, a smile playing on my lips as i looked up at him with sleepy eyes.
"go to sleep, i'll still be here when you wake up, i promise," he chuckled, chin pressed against the top of my head as we laid together.
"i know, but i wanna talk to you," i whined, feeling my eyes close and opening them quickly again.
"you can barely keep your eyes open, and you got hardly any sleep last night. go to sleep, you can talk to me when you wake up," he brushed a thumb over my cheekbone as i closed my eyes, making me smile.
"g'night," i giggled, slurred by my lack of energy, and i felt him kiss my forehead, making me smile.
"night," he chuckled, and i could feel his gaze on me, so i pouted.
"you want me to kiss you again?" he asked, and i could hear him suppressing another chuckle. i nodded and he did it, the same feeling pulsating through my entire body. i was so very in love with him.

i think this is the longest i've wrote in a book without them being together yet lmao