☔︎ 14 ☔︎

☀︎ colby ☀︎

"your house is so much bigger than mine," sam giggled, walking closely behind me as i walked through the house. his giggle was so cute. i was almost positive i was catching feelings for him at this point, and i hoped he felt the same. i wasn't gonna tell him yet though, it was far too soon and i didn't want to scare him away.
"are you hungry?" i asked, chuckling as he looked around, curiosity sparkling in his eyes.
"a little, yeah," he grinned, looking up at me.
"we have pizza, do you wanna share a pizza?" i asked, rummaging through the kitchen for food.
"sure," he giggled, watching as i quickly prepared it and put it in the oven.
"mkay, it'll be done in like thirty minutes. we can go hang in my bedroom?" i stated, more as a question. he nodded and i grinned, walking upstairs with him a couple steps behind me. we walked past my dad's room, his door wide open for some unknown reason, and down the hall to mine, my door shut. my dad was quite possibly the most unorganised person on earth, and i had no clue how he succeeded with that and being a teacher. but he managed it. i opened my door and walked in, sam still a step behind me, and flopped down onto my bed, stretching and sitting back up. the blonde laughed and sat next to me on the very edge, his hands awkwardly sat in his lap.
"do you wanna watch youtube or something?" i asked, kicking my shoes off and sitting at the top of my bed, leaning against the headboard.
"sure," he smiled, still sitting awkwardly at the edge.
"you don't have to sit at the edge you know. come sit here," i chuckled, patting the bed next to me. a blush fell upon his cheeks and he kicked his shoes off, scooting up and sitting next to me, also leaning against the headboard. he pulled his sleeves over his hands and crossed his legs, slightly smiling. he looked at me, blushing even more when he saw me already looking at him. i grinned as i looked at the tv, picking up the remote and turning it on.
"do you watch exploring with josh?" i asked, opening youtube.
"of course i do," he giggled. god, that fucking laugh. it was so adorable.
"okay," i chuckled, searching his channel.
"do you know if there's any abandoned places nearby? back in kansas, there was a barn close to home, a-and it was really cool," sam asked, and my heart lurched at the sound of his sweet little voice over the tv.
"there's an abandoned waterpark not too far away. i could take you there later, if you wanna see it?" i offered, smiling.
"yeah, that'd be cool," he said softly, smiling. i couldn't ever get enough of that smile. enough of him, for that matter.

☀︎

"you have to scale this wall and then climb the ladder that's up there. you sure you can do it?" i asked, pointing at the wall.
"uh.. it's pretty high. if i can't can you give me a hand?" sam mumbled, looking up at the wall, then at me.
"of course. just be careful, i don't want you to hurt yourself," i chuckled, him nodding with a giggle, his arms bare, only a bandage resting upon them - he'd left his hoodie at mine, and i didn't ask about the bandage. i didn't wanna force him to talk about it.
"i can't even reach the top of the wall!" he laughed, trying his best to get his hands to the top of it, but failing miserably.
"do you want me to lift you?" i asked, him continuing to struggle.
"yeah, please," he giggled, a blush on his cheeks from both the biting cold and the gesture - i had no idea how he wasn't freezing. i placed my hands on his hips gently from behind him, glad i only felt a slight jump rather than a big one, like when devin touched him. what i couldn't help but notice though, was that my hands fit perfectly where i'd put them.
"brace yourself," i chuckled, holding him tightly and lifting him.
"ok, i got it," he grinned, his hands firmly placed on the top of the brick wall. i slowly let go, his legs pushing him up until he was on the top of it.
"thank you," he giggled, looking down at me on the ground.
"no problem," i chuckled, starting to scale the wall myself.

oh to see without my eyes