𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. big bad bloater

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

- CHAPTER THIRTEEN -
BIG BAD BLOATER

"THEY'VE BROKEN THROUGH!" Joel shouted as they legged it out of the room and into the school hallway, slamming the doors shut behind them

"Bill, what the hell do we do now?" Kathy asked in a quiet voice when she caught sight of a runner at the end of hallway. It hadn't spotted them yet.

"Let's um...We'll sneak out the back." He made a plan on the spot, not sounding very confident in it.

"You three, follow me. I'll get us out of here." Joel promised, taking the lead as they crept along, trying to avoid any attention from the infected.

"Oh, now I'm full of confidence. Thanks, Joel." Kathy quipped back sarcastically, just passing by some lockers.

They were in what seemed to be one of the main areas of the school, green lockers for students scattered across the walls, with banners hanging above the main stairs. The entrance branched off in three directions, one of them blocked with a gate and the others were barricaded with infected. There weren't too many, but she was sure there were more up the staircase. And shuffling around in the dark would make it easier to perform sneak attacks.

Joel did most of the work, it was becoming a habit really, not that Kathy minded. She enjoyed taking it easy for a little while as the smuggler protected them. It was sort of comforting, in a way. Knowing that Joel would keep them safe. She knew it was because of Ellie, but it was nice having someone look out for her.

She was just so used to doing everything herself and sharing some of her load with Joel gave her some time to breathe. And to be completely honest, watching Joel's muscles clench when he strangled a runner was quite attractive, so she enjoyed letting him lead.

After they killed the infected in one of the science rooms, Joel peeked his head around the corner and told them, "Looks like there's a path down this hallway." He threw a molotov at the three infected, and they screamed as they burnt to a crisp.

Kathy sent him an approving grin as she passed the crispy corpses. Okay, so she might have a problem with enjoing molotovs a little to much, but surely that was a good thing in an apocalyptic world where everything was trying to kill her.

Joel approached some double doors, that were blocked of on the other side by some gym equipment. He shoved his weight against it, but it only budged a little, "Help me open this."

Kathy shrugged and moved so that she was next to him, adding her weight as well, "Ready?"

Together, they bashed against the door, it budging open little by little every time they slammed their bodies against it until there was enough room to slide through.