𝐱𝐱𝐯. let her go

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

- CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE -
LET HER GO

"FALSE ALARM. THEY'RE friendlies." Maria told her men up in the guard tower, who then lowered their guns as they shut the gates behind them. "We've been dealing with raids. Lots of bandits in this area."

"It's been quiet for a few days." Tommy added as they walked along.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Joel questioned his brother, "I thought I'd find you in Jackson."

"Been trying to bring the plant back to life." He replied.

"We had it working before, but one of the turbines went south." Maria piped in.

"We have electricity, Joel...had. We'll get it running again." Tomy said and then turned to Kathy, "So, how'd Joel manage to bag a tough lil lady like you?"

Kathy sent him a hearty sarcastic grin, "Oh you know, running for our lives, butting heads here and there, he finally managed to catch up with me. I decided to put a stop to his misery."

"No way." Ellie gasped at the sight of a couple horses in front of them, "You guys have horses." She jogged over to pet one of them.

"We got a whole lot of 'em." Tommy replied.

"Hey, Tommy. Give me a hand with this." One of the men tending to the horses interrupted, looking at the long haired blonde man.

"Sorry, I'll be right back." Tommy excused himself to see what he was needed for.

"Can I?" Ellie asked Maria, referring to wanting to pet the horse.

"Yeah, of course. He likes when you pet his ears." Maria said with a smile. "You ever ride one?"

"I actually have." Ellie grinned as she stroked the horse's mane.

"When have you ridden a horse?" Joel asked.

"Winston, this soldier back in the zone. He gave me lessons. I think he only did it because he had a thing for Kathy. Thought it'd get him on her good side."

"Hey - we don't ever mention that man's creepy crush on me. Still gives me the shivers." Kathy groaned, shivering as she remembered the man. Joel didn't like knowing that another man had liked the brunette.

"You know, if you want, we can take him riding later." Maria suggested, motioning to the horse.

Ellie's eyes lit up with excitement, "That'd be awesome."

Tommy walked back over, done with the small task one of his men had asked him to help with, "All right, let's continue the tour."

As they walked towards the main building of the plant, Maria briefly conversed with one of her men, "Earl?"