𝐱𝐢𝐯. see you around, billy boy

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

- CHAPTER FOURTEEN -
SEE YOU AROUND, BILLY BOY

BILL WAS HUNCHED over a bag by the garage door, seething when he saw what was inside it, "Jesus, that's more of my stuff!" Kathy sent him a look when he murmured to himself, "So what? You just...just gonna steal my shit and run off? Is that it, Frank?" he then turned to her, "You should probably search the house. I'm sure there's more supplies."

"That's a good idea." Joel nodded in agreement.

"For once." Kathy grumbled, stalking off into the kitchen. She could still hear Bill in the garage.

"Let me know when you're ready to finish this thing!"

"I'll give you a holler." Joel replied.

Going their separate ways for the time being, Kathy and Joel collected everything they could, meeting up, crafting items and trading ammo a little later. Joel even showed her the note from Frank he'd found. Apparently Frank had hated Bill's guts and she couldn't blame the dead man. Bill was tough company, she couldn't even imagine sticking around him for more than a few days.

They made their way back to Bill who was leaning against the hood of the truck, "Ready?"

Joel retrieved the note from his pocket and held it out to Bill, "Bill, I uh - I found this in there and I...I figured you should have it."

Bill uncrossed his arms and took the note and after reading it he scoffed, "So that's how you feel. Well, fuck you too, Frank. Fuckin' idiot." He sighed and threw the crumpled up piece of paper on the ground, "You ready to go?"

Kathy moved over to Ellie to check on her, "You got this, kiddo?"

"Yeah, not a problem." The teen said, sounding a little nervous.

"You're doing a good job." Joel told her, coming closer to the two. "I figured you should know that."

"Did...Did you just praise her?" Kathy asked in disbelief, though there was a teasing element to it. "Wow. I've seen everything."

"I won't let you down with this." Ellie promised him, pulling the truck door shut as she got ready to do her part.

Joel nodded and went to the back of the truck, pressing his hands against the cold metal, preparing to push. "Alright, Bill, Kathy, let's do it."

Kathy made a noise of agreement and joined him at the back of the truck while Bill pulled the garage door open. As soon as it was open all the way, Bill ran to help Joel and Kathy push the truck, "Put her in first."

"Already did it." Ellie replied.

"Just keep your foot on the clutch and when we get to roll-"

"I know how to pop a clutch!" She interrupted.