𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. one in a million

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

- CHAPTER THIRTY ONE -
ONE IN A MILLION

KATHY SHIELDED HER face as she and Joel raced through the snow storm, on their way to the town that held Ellie captive. The winds were harsh, but at least the cold was making her numb so that she couldn't feel the pain of her wound. The hunters were going to pay for taking her daughter, she wouldn't allow anyone to ever get away with doing such a thing and she was certain that Joel wouldn't either.

The town's bell was ringing in alarm as they navigated through the fog and the buildings, they could barely see a thing and the whole town had become a maze.

There was one good thing about the snow storm though, the hunters couldn't see them either. Hiding was made simpler and they could hear the hunters talking about Ellie's escape and killing a few men.

Kathy grinned at that.

Joel held a door open for her after they snuck by a few dumbasses and once they were inside, they could finally see. Her eye's widened when she spotted something familiar on one of the shelves - Ellie's backpack.

She picked it up and held it out to Joel, "Joel look, it's hers!"

"Why the hell is Ellie's stuff here?" He asked, swinging the smaller pack over his other shoulder for safe keeping. Ellie would like it back when they found her.

"They must've taken it off her when they took her." Kathy speculated. "There's other stuff here too. Shoes, clothes - they must take it from the people they kill. Like those guys in the city that gunned down that couple."

Joel walked through the door flaps first, grimacing at the sight of half-naked corpses strung upside down from the ceiling. The smell of dead bodies and cleaning chemicals were strong in that room.

"Oh God," Kathy gagged when she saw what he saw, "We gotta find Ellie." She jogged towards the front door of the building they were in, some kind of bakery - the bodies were in the back and they had to go past the counter to get to the front door.

When she opened it, she gasped at the sight of the burning restaurant just a little ways down the street. She knew immediately that it her daughter's doing - Ellie had to be in there.

"Holy shit. Ellie..."

Not caring if they were going to be spotted, Joel and Kathy sprinted to the fiery blaze.

The brunette froze at the scene that was playing out before her in the flaming restaurant. Ellie was straddling ontop of David, a machete clutched in her hands and she was bringing it down on his face over and over and over again. She'd never seen Ellie perform such and act of violence before, that man must have caused her so much pain. If Ellie was doing that, he most certainly deserved every hit.