𝐱𝐱𝐢. forest of suburbia

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

𝕺𝖜𝖓 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

- CHAPTER TWENTY ONE -
FOREST OF SUBURBIA

IT WAS OFFICIAL, Kathy did not like being separated from Joel. Guess she cared for him more than she thought she did. With him gone for the time being, she had to step up and take charge a little more. Henry was good, but she didn't trust him enough to make the calls.

They'd been running away from infected for the past ten minutes, shooting behind at them to keep them away while they ran around the sewer which was laid out like a maze. Ellie had got a few shots off herself at a clicker.

"Joel, that's them!" They heard Sam's voice as they rounded a corner, still being chased.

"Sam!" Henry exclaimed, running towards his brother.

"Oh thank God." Ellie breathed out when Joel met her and Kathy halfway.

"Man, am I glad to see you." Kathy pulled Joel into a quick hug, relief flooding over her. It was less awkward than she thought it'd be. She let go pretty fast when she remembered their situation, the infected were closing in on them, "We gotta keep going."

"Doorway - over there!" Ellie called out, "Run! There's too many of 'em!"

They legged it through the doorway, slamming the doors shut behind them, they knew it wouldn't hold for long.

"Ellie, get away from the door." Joel instructed the teenager.

Henry called him over to the door he was trying to get open, "Maybe if we push it together." They slammed against it in hopes to ram it open, but stopped when Sam crawled through the vent beside it like Ellie had done before.

"Sam!" Ellie protested and then turned to the adults, "He just crawled through!"

"He what?" Henry's eyes widened in surprise and disbelief, "Sam, what the hell are you doin'?"

Sam popped up on the other side of the gate and pulled the pipe that was holding the it shut out, "Getting us outta here!"

"Well hurry up then!" Henry retorted, just as his brother pulled the door open, letting them through.

"Everyone up the stairs!" Kathy shouted, running at the back of the group, "Fucking go!"

They ran up as many flights as they could until it was no longer possible. They ran into a locker room which clearly had a door that led to the outside, but it was stuck. This was the room they'd have to fight the infected.

"Damn thing's stuck!" Henry groaned, still trying to push against the door.

"Here, gimme a boost. I can get through that window." Ellie replied and he boosted her up.

"Open it from the other side."

"Make it fast!" Joel added as she climbed through, he loaded all his guns to prepare for the fight.