Chapter 28:What's Best For Both Of Us

Two weeks had went by since my little chat with the guys in the field. Neither were giving me the cold shoulder, and they both were surprisingly understanding of me still not knowing who I would choose. 

I tried spending time with Isaiah and Colton equally but it was really hard not to lean more towards Colton when all my time with Isaiah was limited and usually involved a long drive so no one we knew could spot us together. 

I knew the risk of picking Isaiah. His job. His reputation. My reputation and my education if it actually went that far. Our relationship would never be a walk in the park. Even if he decided to quit at the school, we'd still have to remain a secret for a little longer. That piece made me uncomfortable. 

There was no true way to become public with Isaiah. We both were starting to realize that much. Our conversations half the time were stressful because neither of us knew what to do. Isaiah loves his job as much as he loves art. I couldn't really allow him to quit just to be with me. 

However, it was a fairytale to believe he and I could last as a secret until I graduated next year. I mean, his brother had already found out about us, how? Who the hell knew but it obviously meant he and I didn't truly know how to hide our relationship. 

From my understanding, Isaiah and his brother weren't even close anymore so if he could find out, anyone could. As exciting and thrilling as our relationship was when it first started, reality was beginning to set it. We both had too much to lose to be together right now. 

But he loved me, and I somewhat loved him too. Although my feelings for Isaiah were genuine, they were clouded by my feelings for Colton as well. 

Colton, we'd spent so much time together over the past two weeks people were beginning to think we were dating anyway. Understandable, because we kind of were. He lays with me and watches my favorites movies, even if he doesn't care for them. His hands always find a way to my hair when he snuggle up on one of our beds for the day while we talk for hours at a time. 

Getting to know each other. Learning the in and outs of of one another. What the other liked and disliked. What made us tick and how we act when we're hungry or tired. We'd even hung around Liz and Carter a few times, something Isaiah and I currently couldn't do. They knew everything, about Isaiah and I but having us all hang together would be strange. He's their teacher too. 

Little things that Colton and I could do that I didn't have the luxury of doing with Isaiah. Colton and I hung out at local dinners and coffee shops, saw movies that weren't at least two hours away, and even held hands sometimes if I didn't pull away when he laced his fingers through my own. 

As I laid in my bed, lost in these thoughts, I couldn't help but feel like I didn't deserve either one. My phone kept beeping over and over again, but I decided to ignore whoever it was. I needed to get my thoughts together. 

Two weeks was enough. They told me to take my time but at this point, I was only making things worth by dating both of them. 

A timid knock sounded from my bedroom door, but again, I ignored them too. Figuring eventually they would just go away, I was wrong. 

"Do you honestly think laying in bed all day is going to fix whatever problems you obviously are having at the moment?" Carter said from my doorway. 

"Just invite yourself in. Sure, I'd love some company." I bit out with a roll of my eyes. 

"I know, that's why I popped up. You're so lucky to have a great friend like me." He plastered on his signature grin, jumping onto my bed while doing so. 

I pushed Carter off my leg, choosing to just sit up because he wasn't planning on moving. "I just met you this year, I don't know how great you are." I joked.