Chapter 10: Oh God, Carter !

"Will you come on?" Carter shouted from my bedroom.

I peeked my head out from the attached bathroom, "Calm your balls, I'm almost done."

"If we're late, it’s all your fault. You know you stay a million and one miles away from school, you should have woken up earlier." Carter complained.

I honestly hadn't even been in the bathroom that long. It's just my hair was simply a mess from being crinkled the night before. I didn't have time to straighten it, so today it was going up into a really messy bun.

I turned my nose up at the nest on my head that I was currently calling a messy bun. I applied a small amount of grey eyeliner, maybe to take away from my hair because it was a damn mess. I'm rambling.

Glancing over my appearance one last time. I stepped out of the bathroom to greet a now invisible Carter. Running over to grab my bag, and my art bag.

"You could of at least said you were leaving my room." I said after finding Carter in the kitchen. Figures. "Move over." I pushed him out my way so I could grab some orange juice.

"You two look comfortable." A voice coughed from behind both of us.

Carter and I turned our head to be greeted by my father giving us both stern looks. Carter straightened up his posture and turned to face my father. Me on the other hand, I kept doing what I was doing. Which was trying to get to the back of this large ass refrigerator for an orange juice.

"Hi sir, I'm Carter." He walked over towards my father and extended his hand.

My father over looked Carter before letting his hand shake Carter's firmly. "Just call me Stacie's dad. Sir is too formal."

Carter nodded in response. "Let's go. Bye dad." I moved around Carter and my dad and attempted to head for the door.

"Hey, you dont look like the guy that was leaving the other night!" My dad shouted when me and Carter neared the door.

My heart dropped in my chest and my eyes widened to look at my dad. "DAD!"

Carter gaze flickered between the two of us and he smiled at me before turning fully towards my dad. "No, Uh...Stacie's dad. I'm not the guy who was leaving your house the other night." The amusment was clear in Carter's voice and written all over his face.

My dad had basically just ruined everything. I grabbed Carter by his arms and pulled him out the door and into his car.

"Get in, let's go." I ordered and invited myself into his car and waited for him to get in.

He laughed and climbed into the drivers side, starting the car and pulling out of my neighborhood before even saying anything.

"So when were you going to tell me?" His voice was still amused but his hands tightened on the steering wheel so hard until his knuckles turned white.

I could go about this two ways. I could tell him I was dating my art teacher or I could pretend I had no idea what he was talking about. The second choice worked. I could stretch this on until we got to school since we weren't far away and we don't have any classes together.

"Oh My God, is that Paramore of the radio!" I reached out to turn up the radio but he quickly slapped my hand away, and turning the radio off completely.

"Seriously."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I crossed my arms over my chest and stared out the window.

"Stacie, be serious. Your dad wouldn't make that up." And the amusement was back.

"It was just some new guy from up the street asking if I seen his dog. It was late out and kind of cold so I welcomed him in for tea. Happy? Dad just thought it was something going on." I lied quickly. Good one. Good one.