Chapter 15: It's really not what it looks like

I stared around the room, paintings, sketches, sculptures, and other creative stuff. Everything looked so amazing and compared to my one little painting they all looked professional. I was starting to feel bad for not completely taking this Art Show seriously.

I stood in the entrance of this huge Art building where the show was being held. His hand grasped hold of mine, lacing our fingers. I instantly looked up, snatching my hand away a little too quickly.

He looked disappointed, "Sorry, I just forget sometimes." He gave a bashful smile, tucking his hands into his pants pockets.

"Don't apologize, I'm just always paranoid." I tried to give a bright smile because now I felt bad.

He nodded towards a wall, motioning for me to follow him. I went without any words, following closely behind. My painting mounted up on an all-white wall, next to any other painting, sketch, or sculpture done by someone at our school.

Next to my painting was Lizy's, which I had done also as I promised since I dragged her in this anyway. She still was yet to show up although she texted me and said she was nearby. Paul joined us, standing proudly next to his sketch of famous dead people. Typical but still it was great art work.

Loud footsteps came closer and closer and I knew instantly it was Liz in her combat boots as always. I turned around to greet my best friend who had recently fallen off the face of the Earth.

"Well if it isn't the Ghost of Lizy Taylor." I joked while opening my arms for a hug which she returned quickly.

"I can say the same for you Stac! You've just started to return my text again." She mocked being angry but she smiled in the process.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry." I looked her over and giggled. "Now why are you dressed that way?" I asked, muffling my laugh. She had on pink baggy pants with chains hanging from the side pockets, a black tight-fitted shirt that had similar chains on the shoulders, and of course, her black boots.

"Well I wanted to look like an artist Stac." She laughed herself, leaning closely and whispering in my ear, "Sooo, which painting is mine?"

I had almost forgotten, since we hadn't really kept in touch lately she didn't know what "her" painting looked like. I grabbed her hand, dragging her to the painting mounted on the wall next to my own.

It was a painting of a single girl, standing alone. Her back was turned, a lonely strand of hair hanging loosely from her bun. The rest of the painting was just painted to cover up the white base of the canvas. Simple because I didn't want her painting to beat mine, I was allowing her to claim it as her own, even though I painted it, it would still be her win.

"It's great, yours is too by the way." She shot me a mischievous look and we both laughed.

We took our places next to our artwork, meeting new people, the judges, and holding conversation with each other. Isaiah was with us at first but after a while he disappeared.

A few hours seemed to go by slowly and I was beginning to get tired of smiling and repeating my name. Just as I leaned over to complain to Liz, they sent over one judge to speak to our section.

"We are happy to announce a tie between you two young people." He had a British accent, slim legs but fairly skinny. He looked like the guy from Harry Potter, just smaller, I thought to myself.

"What two?" I asked calmly since he didn't state any names.

"Yourself and this young man over here." He pointed to a guy behind him whom I hadn't noticed until he pointed at him.

I smiled, leaning around the judge to shake the boys hand.

He had brown hair that looked untouched with a few pieces falling freely to his forehead. His eyes were a piercing blue and his hands were soft.

"I'm Stacie." I said when I released his hand from my hold.

"Colton." He smiled. "Nice painting." He added.

"Now that that is over, could you two go find your teachers and meet all of the judges at the front." The British guy said in a dull tone.

Seems like everyone was tired of being here, I laughed to myself. I squealed to Liz and went about my way to find Isaiah.

The gallery wasn't huge but bigger than I would like when I had on heels. I turned corners and spoke to a few more people, asking them if they'd seen my teacher. Most just nodded and said they hadn't seen him.

I grew tired of looking so I stopped in the bathroom. The bathrooms had sofas so I took it upon myself to sit down and rest. I slouched down a tad until I heard a voice coming from the biggest stall.

"You have to tell her now or I will."

I sat up.

"It's not fair to me and frankly it's not fair to her either."

I covered my mouth so my breathing couldn't be heard.

"I'm not going through this any longer, seriously. Tell her!" She shouted now, unlocking the bathroom stall.

I got to my feet, hiding behind the wall so I couldn't be seen when she walked out of the stall.

"You're stretching this."

I got bored and left the bathroom, running my hands over my skirt.

"I can't tell Stacie, Lillia-"

His words were cut off when he seen me, hanging up the phone and staring at me.

I stopped in my tracks, glaring up at Isaiah who looked completely caught off guard.

"It's really not what it looks like." He started.

I laughed, why? I have no idea. I didn't know what was going on but I'm pretty sure he was just talking to the same lady that was in the bathroom.

"I was just looking for you to tell you it was a tie; they need us all at the front." I whispered almost, turning on my heel and heading to the front for myself, not saying another word to Isaiah.

-Uh yeah, that's it for this chapter. Excuse me if it's boring, I got really bored while writing it actually lol. It was a filler for the most part. Ignore any mistakes; I'm too lazy to proofread right now :) so yeah, til next time. (Picture of the other painting on the side !)