Chapter 4:Really.

"Stacie..." Lizy sharp elbow crashed into the side of my stomach.

I gave her a death glare and rolled my eyes at her. She has been doing the shit to me for the last three periods. "Will you stop that?" I whispered through clenched teeth.

She put her hands up as if she surrendered. "Fine." she said and turned her head back towards the board.

We had been sitting in Chemistry class for the last twenty minutes and it was beginning to become torture. Today I regretted picking Lizy as my partner because she was really getting on my nerves. She kept asking how I knew his name was Isaiah if he just started working here.

Clearly if I didn't answer the first four times I wasn't going to answer, but Liz didn't get that. Plus my legs were starting to get numb from sitting on these old wooden bar stools.

The chem lab was a little too small for my liking. Only because it was thirty students in here, and the class could barely fit twenty. There was fifteen little steel tables, each one having two barstools. Only one mircoscope at each table.

Our chem teacher was going on and on about something. Molecules in DNA or something like that. I wasn't really paying attention, I didn't really care.

In the middle of my thoughts my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and checked my new text message.

Nice giving each teacher your cell phone number. -Isaiah.

I couldn't help the smile that took over my face. I knew Lizy was staring at me because she soon knocked her elbow into my stomach and whispered "What's got you smiling?" she smiled.

I wanted to yell at her for killing my left side but I knew that would draw too much attention. I couldn't even give her a mean look because I was still smiling at the text message. It was true; I'd given every teacher my cell phone number. The way I seen it if you wanted to call my house, at least call a phone that would really answer. No one was ever home.

I smiled at Liz but I didn't tell her why I was smiling.

"Is there something you guys would like to share?" Our teacher shouted

Lizy and I both looked up and stared at our teacher. Lizy put on a sweet smile and said "No." Me, I wasn't in the mood and I couldn't seem to bite back my sarcasm.

"Sure, I would." I smiled

Lizy once again tried to knock her elbow into my side but I grabbed her this time. She whispered, "Stop Stac." I only laughed and glared back at the teacher.

"Really Stacie. Go ahead." My teacher said with her own hint of sarcasm.

"There's makeup on your teeth." I smiled and some of the class began to laugh, including Lizy.

The teacher winced at my statement and ran her tongue over her teeth in horror.

She put her hand over her mouth and said "that's detention."

I was already gathering my things before she even said I had detention. I whispered a goodbye to Liz, took my slip proudly and left. I had been plotting how to get out that class the whole twenty minutes I was in there. Just so happened I had to inform her about the makeup on her teeth to get out of there. That was tragic but her face was priceless.

*****************************

When I got to detention I took my usual seat and pulled out my notebook.

"Fancy seeing you here." a familiar voice said from beside me.

I hadn't really looked around before I sat down and honestly I hadn't noticed anyone come sit beside me.

I looked up and my eyes met the same pair of hazel ones I'd seen last time I was in detention. He was so close. He was leaning on his arm and just staring at me. Like seriously did this guy have to confidence of super model or what?

I smiled coolly "Hi." I said and put my attention back to my notebook.

"What's your name?" he asked

"What's your name?" I replied instead of answering his question.

He laughed loudly before looking to see if the teacher noticed us talking. Not that Mr.Flownder cared; he didn't want to be here either.

He turned back to me and stared at me for a long moment. "You're cute." he pointed out.

I looked up to see his face to tell if he was serious. A smile was stretched across his face and his eyes were filled with humor. I rolled my eyes but I couldn't pass up a chance to put this asshole in his place.

"If that was supposed to make me blush, it didn't work." I said rudely

"Or did it?" he laughed once again.

I felt my irritation grow and I had officially decided I didn't like this guy.

"What's your name?" I asked again, hoping to change the subject.

"Carter." he grinned

"Well Carter, do me a favor. And please relocate to the other side of the classroom." I returned his grin.

He chuckled this time but he got up out his seat beside me, only to come in front of my seat and lean down in my face. Leaving our faces only inches apart and placing his finger under my chin, lifting my face forcing me to look into his beautiful eyes.

I sucked in my breath and my gaze dropped to his lips. He was smiling like he had somehow won.

"Nice meeting you Stacie." he whispered and let my face go.

-Short Chapter, I know. Sorry for any mistakes, I don't proofread. Umm picture of Carter on the side. Til next time. ^.^