Chapter 24: Confused

My head was spinning and the current space where I was laying didn't exactly feel familiar. The sheets felt soft against my body but they didn't feel like my own. Quite frankly at this moment I was too afraid to open my eyes. 

A delicate growl came from beside my face, knocking all fear out of me and instantly causing me to snap my eyes open. But still, I was a tad afraid to look over. 

"Good morning." He spoke first. 

Colton. 

My heart sped up and my mind went into full panic mode. How the hell did I get here? How long had I been here? Well, that was a dumb question, he clearly just said good morning. So did that mean I was here all night? 

I hadn't been drinking last night, so why the hell couldn't I remember anything? 

"Stac..." Colton started, his voice pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah. Morning." I muttered quietly. 

I still couldn't find the balls to look at him but I knew it was him. I knew I was in his room, the same blue walls, blue everything. 

I probably look horrible right now and I was suddenly feeling self conscious. 

"You look fine." He spoke up. 

Did I just say that out loud? My gaze fell upon the small clock that was on a table across his room, nine-thirty AM. 

"How long have I been here?" I asked him after a few moments of silence between the two of us. 

"Since three AM." Was all he said before shifting away from me and sitting up. 

I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding and finally found the courage to look up at him. Colton's eyes looked tired and his hair was messier than usual. I couldn't see his bottom half because they were covered by his blanket but his shirt was invisible. 

"Don't worry, we didn't do anything." He smiled slightly. 

I cocked my eyebrow in response to which his smile grew brighter. 

"It's kind of hard to do something with a girl who's crying and fully dressed." He joked. 

I moved to sitting position, feeling my jeans rub against my body and I felt a strange relief. 

"Crying?" I questioned. 

He spared me a confused glance, curtly nodding his head. "Crying, you started throwing rocks at my window sometime last night so I went downstairs to let you in." He explained. 

"Go on." I urged. 

"After I let you in, you didn't say anything, just hugged me and asked me to be a friend. I'm not sure if you were drunk or just sad or what the fuck was up with you." He chuckled. 

As my cheeks began to warm, I'm sure I blushed at his words. 

"I'm sorry." I laughed. "And no, I wasn't drunk." 

"Then what were you?" His tone was serious and all signs of a smirk were completely gone.

I couldn't find an answer for a long while as I racked my brain about what happened last night. The room fell silent and neither of us moved even the slightest. It was weird, I remembered everything from last night except how I ended up here at Colton's house...in Colton's bed. 

That part made no sense at all. 

I stared up at the ceiling and began to think about everything that went on last night. Isaiah's reaction still stung like an open wound but I couldn't truly blame anyone but myself.