Chapter 14: Really, it's fine

-Bri, (just gonna call you that for short lol) I just wanted to dedicate this chapter to you for your nice comment a few chapters back. Thanksss :)

"You don't understand!" I shouted into the phone, suddenly losing my cool.

"No sweetheart, you don't get it." My dad's voice was stern and I could just imagine his face red while clenching his hands.

"It wasn't my fau-"

"Then who's was it? You and I are the only two souls who stay in that house, and before you start with the fantasies, ghosts aren’t real. We are the only LIVING souls in that house, and it damn sure wasn't my party Stacie." He yelled into his phone.

"But do you seriously have to keep me locked up in the house for a week?" I whined

"Yes honey, I do. You need to know that throwing a party was wrong. Especially without my permission."

"You wouldn't even know if they hadn't broken a few things. I'll replace them all, Dad please. The art show is this week. Please." I was begging now. I honestly didn't even give a crap about the art show; I just couldn't be stuck here for a whole week. That's boring.

"With my money Stacie? You don't have a job so technically it would just be me replacing things I already paid for once." He chuckled.

A chuckle, I could get out of this. "Please, you can let your staff take a week off and I'll just clean up behind myself. That's punishment enough right?" I crossed two fingers, hoping he just agreed and I could hang up the phone now, ending this hour long debate.

"Fine Stac, I'll be home in a few days."

My line beeped again, the screen of my phone lighting up with Isaiah's name. "Okay Dad, I'll see you then. Love ya." I clicked over before he could reply and greeted Isaiah like normal.

"Hey, mind opening the door?" Isaiah spoke softly and slow.

I got up off my bed and peered out the bedroom window to see him inside his car, waiting patiently in my driveway.

"I could if you tell me what I've done to deserve such random visits?" I joked, still looking out my window.

He gave a little laugh and climbed out of his car. "Stop being silly and come downstairs to open the door."

I made a face as if he could see, hanging up the phone to go greet him properly at the door. My hair was a mess and my face was makeup free but I'm sure he wouldn't care much. The house was finally clean and every trace of teenager that once was all over my house is now gone.

After rushing down the stairs, I pulled open the front door, presenting me with an oddly tanned Isaiah for it to still be kind of cold in Michigan.

"Well are you gonna let me in or just stare at me?" He flashed a big smile, dimples appearing and his glasses moving upwards on his face a little bit.

An automatic smile spread across my face so I let him in. I suddenly felt bad for kissing Carter. Before the liquor wore off I was willing to do more but in the end we only made out for a little while then he retired to the guest room down the hall and was gone in the morning when I woke up. With a massive headache if I must add.

All I wanted to do was focus on Isaiah now, talk to Carter and get back to just friends.

"We haven't talked in days and all I get is a smile?" He mocked disappointed and laughed once again.

"What? My smile isn't good enough now?" I played along, giving off a laugh of my own.

"Beautiful it may be, it's not enough." His smile slowly dissolved, his expression quickly turning arousing. "I've missed you and you just keep ignoring me, Stacie." One foot moved in front of the other and he closed the space between us.