Chapter 25: Seriously, We probably shouldn't

"Liz, would you mind handing me the remote?" I stretched my arm out, putting a strained expression on my face to make it look like I was actually trying. 

Liz sat on the other couch rolling her eyes because truth be told, I was closer to the remote. Although Colton did his best to cheer me up, I needed a girl. You know, a female that could understand my pain. Problem is, Liz knew nothing about Isaiah and I. 

Hesitant on telling her, I called her over for a sleepover. Liz knew when something was wrong with me but surprisingly, she hadn't said a word about the fake smile I'd painted on my face when she arrived. 

"You've been sitting in that same spot since I got here, just staring at the television, now you want that remote?" Liz puffed, waving her hands in the air dramatically. "I'm not getting up." 

For once this whole week, I really smiled. It was weak but a smile nevertheless. It was nice to see that Liz hadn't changed since getting with Carter. Her and I weren't spending much time together these days, she's been spending most of her free time with him and skipping a few classes if they missed each other enough. 

Liz began to tell me about her and Carter's new found relationship. She told me about how they went to the mall together and he actually puts up with her long visits to the dressing rooms. Things her and I used to do together.

I shook off the feeling that I was losing my best friend to my close friend and I had been allowing it to happen because I was took far up my own ass to realize it. 

"There you go staring off into galaxy again." She bit out. "Are you even listening to me?" 

I chuckled, "Do you mean space, Liz?" 

"Whatever." She replied, throwing her hand up dismissively. 

A few hours went by pf pointless conversations and best friend bickering. She mostly just went on and on about Carter. I just calmly listened and tried to remember the days where Carter was my friend as well. 

He and I hadn't talked in forever. That was probably my fault too. I'd been so caught up in my own mess that I'd just been overlooking Carter completely. 

"Are you even listening to me?" Liz puffed annoyed. 

"Sure, I'm listening Liz." I lied. 

"What's the last thing I said?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest childishly. 

"Something about Carter." I smiled sheepishly. 

"I said," She emphasized, "we almost had sex." 

The statement caught my attention immediately, my eyes grew big as I took in what exactly she said. 

"But we're virgins." I started. "That's like our thing." 

"And I still am. Hence me saying ALMOST Stac." She smiled, "I knew you weren't listening."

"Well, I am now." I crossed my legs Indian style and listened attentively to Liz tell me about the night her and Carter almost had sex. 

"I was so scared, especially when his mom knocked on the door asking to speak with him. I know if she wouldn't of knocked you'd be alone in virgin world." Liz joked. 

His mom? A ping of emotions ran through me, his mom had come back? For good? Carter didn't even want to step foot in the house when he thought he seen her car in his driveway, now Liz had met her? I really had been too far up my own ass lately. 

I can't imagine Carter not wanting to talk about his mom. But I guess he had Liz for that now. I couldn't help but feel replaced almost. I know Liz is his girlfriend but he only knows her because of me and now I feel like I no longer know anything about him or her.