Chapter 13: Talk about awkward..

The last thing I remember was telling Carter to kiss me; everything seemed to go deathly slow after that.

He stared at me for long moments before he even thought about fulfilling my crazy request. I don't know why I wanted to kiss Carter. Maybe I just wanted to see what it felt like. Oh, or maybe I wanted to figure out if sparks were real, you know, like the ones from the movies. The girl finds her true love on one drunken night. Yeah, anyway.

His hazel eyes shined with indecision and Carter just stared at me. I wasn't sure if I should laugh so he'd think I was playing but he could at least say something soon.

I turned on my side so I was facing him. We laid on our sides in my bed, just looking. Carter didn't say anything for a long time and neither did I, but still, no kiss. What if I smelled like liquor? Hell, I did. He did and he isn't anywhere near as drunk as I am.

"Why?" He spoke softly.

Dammit, out of all the questions. "Because I want you to." I said just as softly. Hey, it was all I could think of.

In mere seconds Carters lips crashed down on my own. The movement was aggressive but still a tad gentle. His lips felt like velvet, and he tasted like liquor (but I expected that).

His tongue slipped inside my mouth and I don't know if everything seriously got hotter or if it was just me being a girl. What was he thinking? What if someone walked in? Why hadn't I returned Isaiah's calls? Okay, I'm thinking too much.

Carter's body suddenly towered mine and I widened my legs for his slender body to fit, never breaking the kiss. We kissed harder as his hands went up and through my hair. I whimpered and flipped him over, me now being on top.

I wanted to laugh at his surprise but my lips were kind of busy right now, so I just smiled and he did the same. We rolled around a few times more before the impossible happened.

I felt the plush carpet against the visible part of my back. Carter’s body crushed mine and we laid there in shock.

"We rolled off the bed..." He said slowly. He was breathing harder than usual and his face looked confused.

I erupted into laughter while Carter just stared at me with a blank face. I laughed loudly while he just looked at me. I don't see how he didn't find this funny. My bed was huge so I couldn't see how this was even possible or how we couldn't have noticed we were close to the edge.

Eventually Carter joined me and laughed just as loud. We laid there, him still on top of me and laughed until each one of us were red and breathless.

"Get. Off. Me. Carter." I spoke slackened because his weight was really starting to get to me. For such a small guy, he was heavy.

I helped him off by pushing him to the side and getting up before he could see my facial expressions. The humor had worn off and I think so had the liquor. I kissed Carter. Carter kissed me. WE KISSED!

I wanted to jump up and down like a middle school student but then he would probably think I'm still drunk and leave. I climbed back on the bed, legs first and laid down on my side again. Brushing my bangs out my face, I felt the bed push down and his presence was close once again.

His arm wrapped around my waist. Warm breathing danced on my neck as he moved my long hair out the way.

He planted a small kiss on my neck and I melted. I had to remember this was Carter. My friend. That's it, my friend. We shouldn't of kissed and if he kissed me a few times on my neck, we shouldn't do what comes from that either.

This had to stop. I didn't want it to. I basically asked for this. I did ask for this. Why did it feel so good? I knew I couldn't do this yet I was willing to do it anyway. I was forgetting all about Isaiah.

He hadn't talked to me since the whole classroom thing, and the weird biker guy. I was still mad about that, which was partly why I didn't answer his phone calls.

I didn't want to be with Carter, I wanted Isaiah but right now it doesn't seem like Isaiah has much time for me.

Another kiss appeared on my neck again and I let out an uncontrolled sigh.

"Should I stop?" He threaded around the question carefully as his hand moved from my waist to a little lower, pushing my jeans down a tad.

"You don't have to, but you can if you want to." I said breathlessly.

This was probably about to be a mistake, but I didn't care anymore.

-It's short. I know. Excuse any mistakes, I'm lazy. Til next time.