Chapter 9: Welcome home, to a house you pay the bills for?

My dad was back and forth between trips, over and over again. Carter and I had, well I wouldn't say gotten close but we certainly spent more time together. We had made Monday's our movie day. Sometimes Liz would join, other days she was busy. Movie day was always held at my house, seeing as though I think I had the biggest tv.

I checked my hair for the third time in the mirror. My blonde and pink hair was crinkled, just the way Isaiah said he liked it. Although my hair was a little overdone for my simple outfit. My faded blue jeans were splatter with paint and so was my off the shoulder sweater.

I turned to face my new art work on my bedroom wall. The girls hair flowed over her neck line. Colors spilling from every corner, a detail Isaiah had talked me into. Her plump lips were full and shaded in a hint of blue. She had no eyes and most of her was shaded black, making her hair stand out even more. Blue, purple, green, orange, splashes of red and pink. She was beautiful I thought as I placed my hands on my hips proudly.

"Your bed won’t be able to be pushed against that wall for at least a day or two sweetheart." Isaiah softly breathed against my neck while wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

A smiled tugged at my lips and I tilted my head a little to look into his eyes, watching him stare at the art work he helped me with.

We had been spending lots of time together since the park thing. Not much at school, but since my home was usually always free he had been here often. Come to think of it, I had yet to see his apartment.

"Nooooo, I didn't know that Mr. Smith." I smirked and my tone was sarcastic.

"Well I was just saying." He rubbed the back of his neck, which I was learning he always did when he had something to say."

I shifted and turned to face him, snaking my arms around his neck and looking up into his eyes. "What's on your mind."

Surprise took over his face but his expression soon settled before he let out a sigh, "Where are your parents?"

It was cute how nervous he seemed about the question but I was fine with him asking, I knew it would come up soon anyway. "My mom got re-married and usually spends most of her time with her husband. My dad works and is always on trips. I'm old enough to take care of myself so he leaves me here." I shrugged.

His reply was leaning down and kissing me on my lips softly. I didn't allow him to deepen the kiss, so I stepped away playfully. He groaned, but let me slip away before smiling.

"Hungry?" I knew I wouldn't cook, but we could always go out and get something.

He began to fix his jeans playfully and smooth out his tight white shirt with paint all over it. Then running his hands through his short hair before adjusting his glasses. Which were oddly sexy on him today. "Sure, let’s go out, paint covered and all." He said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. I had totally forgotten about that. But see I could change, he couldn't.

"I can shower really fast and then we can run to your house so you can change no problem." I hoped he would agree. I really wanted to see his apartment. I don't know why but seeing someone's house was just like getting to know them better, to me at least.

A unsure look took over his face and he shifted stiffly before running his hands through his hair one more time. "I can always just call takeout and go pick it up." He suggested.

I huffed, wanting to stomp away and dive onto my bed until he gave me what I wanted. Although that would seem kind of childish, so I refrained from doing so. But damn I wanted to. Instead I just rolled my eyes and crossed my hands over my chest. Attempting to make my face as child-like as possible.