Chapter 30:Hi, My Name Is

I rushed home that night and I didn't do what I told myself I was going to do. The whole drive home, I'd convinced myself to wait one more day. Allow my mind to be fully clear I guess you could say. 

I didn't want Colton to feel like he was some sort of rebound. He wasn't. I can't say it's always been him, but he's been my choice for some time. 

I wouldn't allow myself to believe it because for a long time, feeling anything for Colton simply felt wrong when I knew I had Isaiah in the picture, regardless of what he and I were going through. 

I had no right to feel something, chemistry, a spark, anything, with someone other than Isaiah. So I pushed my feelings to the side. Denied them. I wasn't going to do that any longer. 

Witht that mindset, that's how I ended up here. Sunday morning, a full nights rest, a clear head, and for the first time in a while; fully single. 

And I was hoping to change that soon. I climbed out of bed and did the normal routine. You know, brush your teeth, wash your face, shower, breakfast. I did it all, and after that I spent a hour talking myself into walking a yard over to confess my feelings. 

In all honesty, I didn't want to be rejected. He had every right to do so. I'd waited so long to say something, anything. I knew if he rejected my today, it was no ones fault but my own. 

My phone buzzed in the back pocket of my jeans, halting my thinking and gathering my full attention. 

"I see you pacing, come over and we can talk about it." 

The text read. I couldn't help but smile slightly. He had no idea he was the reason I was pacing. I looked up to see him leaning against his window, looking directly at me and waiting for my response. 

Instead of replying, I gave him a thumbs up and turned my back away from the window before he could see my face flush. 

This was it. It was now or never. Maybe I was being dramatic but that's what it felt like. Like what he decided after I spilled out my guts would dictate my mood for a long time. That's a lot of power to give someone, so how could I be so sure that I'm ready?

I took a few deep breaths as I left my bedroom. 

"Dad, I'll be back in a few." I yelled down the hallway. 

My dad had been home a lot more lately, we still didn't bond much but at least I got to see his face every once in a while. 

I heard a faint okay but I was already half way out the door. The wind made the air crisp and chilly but that was normal for a winter to spring transitioning day. 

My lazy sweater and jogging pants kept me warm on the walk over to Colton's home. He greeted my at the door like always and we walked to his room in silence. 

His hair looked slept on and his clothes were lazy like my own. Before I knew it were inside his room just sitting on his bed with our arms crossed over our legs like it was our first time being around each other. 

"It's okay to tell me. I've pretty much been over here hurting my feelings since we agreed to let you choose. I get it. He's older, he's tall. Not taller than me but whatever." Colton started with a smile. 

"I understand why you don't want to-" 

"Colton, I choose you." I cut him off, placing my hand over top of his. 

"What?" His eyes bulged out his head as he whipped his head in my direction fast enough to break his neck. 

"I said, I choose you." My voice was stronger this time, a grin spreading over my face. "I talked with him yesterday, I ended everything." 

"Tell me you aren't joking." Colton said, his smile matching my own. 

I shook my head fiercely. "I'm totally serious." 

There was a glow that passed through his eyes that made my heart do a thousand flips and butterflies erupt in my stomach. He still wanted me. 

"Colton, I'm so sorry for putting you through all of this. You didn't deserve to be in the middle of my mess. You didn't deserve me making you wait until I made up my mind. You're a good guy. I know that, I see that now. And I'm hoping you want to give this a go. But you know, we can take it slow if you want. That's fine too. I don't want to rush you into anyt-" 

Colton lips smashed against mine, kissing away any trace of doubt I had that he might not really want this anymore. Our lips moved in sync in a gentle but passionate kiss that seemed to last a lifetime. 

"Stacy, I'm the lucky one here." Colton said with his forehead pressed against mine, breathing slightly heavier than before. 

"I have no idea what you two see in me." I huffed. 

"And it doesn't matter, as long as we see something worth fighting for." Colton brushed stray strands of hair behind my ear, placing a light peck on my lips. "Let's just start over." He said. 

I nodded my head in agreement. "Hi, my name is, Stacy." I pulled out of his hold and held out my hand for him to shake. 

Colton stared at my hand before letting out a small chuckle. "I hate you. My name is, Colton." He shook my hand while leaning in to kiss one more time. 

-Honestly, that's it. Sorry it's so short. This is it. No I won't be making a sequel for this story. I want to allow you guys to imagine whatever you choose. It's been such a long journey for this story and I can't say I'm too pleased with it. I feel like the character development in this story could've been so much better and one day I'll go back & fix it. I just know my heart wasn't in it somewhere in the middle of this story and the end chapters were written just to get it over with truthfully. I appreicate EVERYONE who read the story, commented your thoguths, and voted for good measure. I just want to say thank you for keeping interest even when I was so fickle with this story. This story is ending with 91.1K reads and I'm so happy about that. But, and I can't believe I'm about to do this (PROMOTION TIME) A new story of mine now is about to have my full attention, including my heart, soul, and free time. It's called In Our Final Hour. It's up on my page now, only one part but a new part will be coming soon. If you want, you can check that out and it would be highly appreicated as well. I love you guys and thanks so much because this story got far more reads, votes, and comments, than I ever expected it to. So thank you and it's been a great but long journey. Kisses.