Chapter 23: He Did What?

I took a sip of my fruit-flavored tea, shifting my legs in and out of comfortable positions. My arms were feeling weak and I had the worst headache known to man. My bottom hurt from sitting in these old iron chairs, and yes, I'm very much complaining. 

Issac had me follow him to this weird cafe that seemed to be located in a part of town I never knew anything about up until now. I didn't know this guy but I agreed because he said we were going to a public place. 

Hardly because this cafe had absolutely no customers aside from the two of us. And instead of Issac starting the conversation soon after we got drinks of our choice, we've been sitting here for over ten minutes and he still hasn't said a word or looked up from his phone. 

I coughed in attempt of getting his attention and I was seconds away from just kicking him directly in the shin but decided against it when I realized how scary he actually looked. 

"Let me properly introduce myself." He started and I cocked my eyebrow in reply. 

"Issac Smith, Isaiah Smith's older brother." He said confidently, flashing me a smile that looked dangerously close to Isaiah's. 

My breath caught in my chest as I tried to process what he'd just said and I was just utterly confused. I'm sure I looked like I'd just seen a ghost because his smile grew wider if that was possible. 

"I'm lost. Isaiah's never mentioned a brother before." I said slowly, still lost in my own thoughts. 

"I'm sure he hasn't. It's a lot he hasn't told you about obviously." Issac said. 

"How do you even know about me? I'm just his student." I immediately lied. 

Issac's chuckle filled the small cafe and his eyes lit up at my statement. "I remember you, Stacie right?" He nodded his head before I could even answer. "No regular student just leaves a classroom looking as happy as you had the first day I seen you. You really should try to hide your guys’ relationship better." 

I probably should have been speaking up for myself, denying his accusations but it was like my voice had suddenly disappeared or as old people would say, the cat had my tongue. 

Already, I wasn't positive if I liked Issac or not. Quite frankly I thought he was strange so far and on top of that, he still hasn't told me why he wanted to talk in the first place. 

"Well, anyway, what do you want with me?" I snapped. 

"Feisty are we?" He said slyly. "I'm really not the person you of all people should be getting snappy with." 

"And why is that?" I rolled my eyes dramatically. 

"Because I'm not protecting my dear brother this time." 

"This time?" I questioned, all attitude swiftly diminishing and replaced with curiosity. 

He only smiled, taking a sip of his coffee. Issac's gaze went back to his phone and he tortured me by not speaking again for what felt like eternity. In reality it was only ten minutes but we all know how I get. 

"My brother seems to have a thing for woman he shouldn't be with." He spoke up. "Or this time, young girls." 

"Isaiah isn't that much older than me." I shot back. 

"Sure he isn't. Anyway, not here to talk about age." 

"Then what are we here for?" My voice was coming off angrier than I intended but he was beginning to get on my nerves with all the suspicion. 

"You're an eager one." He chuckled lightly, earning a grunt from me in return.

"Let's get this show on the road, tell me what you want already." I said, running a hand through my messy hair. 

His eyes followed my movements as he took a deep breath. People were starting to enter the cafe and that was beginning to create small distractions for Issac. 

"Calm dow-" He started

"I can always leave!" I said firmly, leaning over to put a hand on my purse that was placed safely on the floor next to my foot. 

"You could. But if you were gonna do that, you would've done that a long time ago." Issac pointed out arrogantly. 

I slowly withdrew my hand back from my purse, placing my hands softly on my lap and choosing not to speak anymore. 

 Issac coughed, his expression turning more serious as the seconds went by. "I'm not going to tell you everything; I'll allow my brother to do that." 

I nodded in response and waited for him to continue.

"Next time you see him, ask him why he has started the cycle over again, only this time, he's not the student...but the teacher." He said with a smirk plastered on his face. 

Sliding his chair back, Issac stood, only nodding his head as a goodbye and did not speak another word to me. 

He left me here in my thoughts and if I must admit, I was really at a loss for words. If I understood him correctly, Isaiah had dated one of his teachers before. It made sense, why he knew how to handle our relationship. When to speak, not to text too much, where to meet. It all made sense to me now. 

But why wouldn't he tell me that? I wasn't sure how I should feel but I had this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach it was way more to the story than what his mysterious brother Issac had just told me. 

Although I wasn't sure why Issac would want me to know so bad and not allow his brother to tell me on his own terms. 

It was all just really strange and thinking about it was doing nothing but giving me a head ache I didn't feel like dealing with. 

 -It's really been a while, I know, sorry. I'm not positive if I just confused you guys or not. I wrote this over a period of weeks so excuse any jumpyness...sooo not a word. anyway, it's short, I know. Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them later. Til next time:)