Chapter 20: Maybe Tomorrow

I woke up to the loud sound of my father yelling about someone not being responsible. I mentally groaned and put my head under the blanket instantly. It was Saturday morning, two weeks since I got back together with Isaiah. Two weeks of avoiding Colton also. I mean, of course I seen him, we went to the same school, had the same friends, and were neighbors. I just couldn't really face him after I had that weird ass feeling when he did simple things that friends do. I always made up a lie to get out of spending time with him.

I figured since he knew about Isaiah and me, I could tell him I was with him or I was busy with my dad. The lies were working so far but I wasn't sure how much longer he would believe me. As he so kindly pointed out before, he's not stupid.

I couldn't shake the feeling that he felt something too, hence why he left my house in such haste. I'll never know for sure though because I'm not crazy enough to ask. He could have some silly idea that we can be together and I might start to do something else crazy, like consider it.

Being with Colton would be ten times easier and he's never lied to me before. Along with us being the same age, he's extremely cute and he has this wonderful bright smi- Oh my goodness, I'm actually thinking about being with Colton.

I pulled my face from under the blanket and attempted to adjust my eyes to the sudden sunlight that shined through my windows. I could tell my dad was now on the second floor of the house because his yelling seemed to be closer than before. I thought about just putting my head back under my blanket but I knew whatever he was mad about it would only annoy him that I was still in bed.

With that thought on my brain, I hopped out of bed as quick as I could, tested my track skills and sprinted to my bathroom. Avoiding the mirror, I started running water so I would sound like I've been in this bathroom for a really long time.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I dreaded opening the door and entering my room because I had a feeling my father was in there, waiting. However, I needed clothes so I could shower. I know it's my room and my bathroom but in this house and the way my friends are, I'd be coming out the bathroom in my natural outfit and someone would walk in, seeing all my goods.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the bathroom door and sprinted to my closet as fast as I could. I'm guessing I was just in a running mood this morning. I rushed around my closet, grabbing random items and reminding myself over and over again not to forget my underwear.

After showering, I got dressed in the random items I picked and began to lay around my room. To my surprise, my father's yelling had stopped and he wasn't in my room hounding me about being irresponsible.

The house fell silent for a good half hour before my father busted into my room randomly. I was dressed and in the mist of painting so at least I didn't look too lazy.

"Your mom should be here to pick you up soon." He looked me up and down, taking in my outfit. "And change clothes, I don't wanna hear her complain."

My eyes grew wide. I hadn't talked to my mom in a few weeks and even then it was only via text messages. "When did she tell you she was coming to get me?" I never looked up at him, I just kept painting.

"I spoke to her this morning, I'm sure you heard." He ran his hand through his hair roughly. "That woman infuriates me. I don't know how I married her." He whispered under his breath.

"Well call her back and tell her I have plans." I huffed.

I didn't truly have plans I just didn't want to deal with my mom today. All she talks about is her new husband and what he does that my dad didn't do. It grows annoying after a few minutes, I'm a teenager and on top of that, I'm her child. I really don't want to hear all of that kind of stuff.