Chapter 3:His Name Is Isaiah

"Hi." he stated causally.

I meant to speak back, but instead I just kept staring. Maybe surprised that he had really just spoke to me.

"Me?" I asked innocently pointing to myself. I wanted to place my palm over my forehead and say "Real smooth Stacie. Real smooth" but I didn't need to appear as a bigger dork than I already did.

He laughed, showing more of his perfect white teeth and his dimples got deeper. "Yes, you." His voice was deep, yet so gentle.

I felt myself blush and I had to resist the want to smack my hands over them to cover it. I wasn't even the blushing type but Lord knows I had been doing it a lot today.

A big smile tugged at my lips "Oh, I knew that." I joked nervously. "Hi." I said moving a strand of hair from my face and tucking it behind my ear.

His eyes followed my movements and I shifted timidly in my chair. His gaze moved to my hair and I knew it was coming. The questions. Why pink?

"What?" I asked as he stared at me. What was up was there something on my face that I didn't know about cause everyone seemed to keep staring at me today.

"Nothing, your hair is just..." he paused as if he was looking for the right words to say that wouldn't offend me. "Different" he smiled after he found the correct word.

I smirked. "So I've been told." turning back to my notebook and picking up my pen.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way." he pointed out. His voice was apologetic, but truthfully he hadn't offended me at all. I was actually kind of flattered.

I turned his way again and moved my hair once more, slowly becoming annoyed with it now. "You didn't offend me." I smiled. "Thank you."

His face lit up again but died quickly when the waitress brought me my food in a to go bag.

I smiled and handed her a tip and stood to gather my things.

"Nice meeting you...." I started but couldn't finish when I realized I didn't know his name.

He stood himself and extended his hand, "Isaiah." he smiled.

When he stood he towered over me. I was only 5'2; he had to be about 6 feet. His body was slim and his tight white shirt showed off his body underneath. I took his hand and wrapped my own around it firmly, giving a sweet smile. "Stacie."

He gathered his things as well and that is when I noticed he had already had his food and didn't really have a reason to still be here. I smiled at the thought that maybe he stayed here just to talk to me. I blushed again.

He walked away before me and exited the cafe without any more words. When he walked away I opened my hand and found a small piece of paper.

I could still feel the warmth of his larger hands on mine as I opened up the piece of paper he slipped to me and read it.

554-8914. I couldn't control the smile that welcomed itself on my face and looked up to see if anyone else had noticed my foolish school girl smile.

***************************************

My alarm went off and I had the sudden desire to throw it across my large bedroom. But that would mess up the mint green paint on my walls and destroy the art work that was mounted so I decided not to.

I turned off the alarm and dragged my barely alive body to the bathroom up the hall since the one in my room had a broken shower. Long story.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and showered, all within 30 minutes. Now, getting dressed is what would take forever. No, I wasn't the type who was all over dramatic about my appearance but I didn't leave the house looking any kind of way.

I stood in the middle of my walk-in closet and I couldn't find anything that I wanted to wear. My shoes were neatly lined up on the shelves, by color. My converse collection neatly on one shelf, going from lightest to darkest. Those were my babies.

Heels and flats, I didn't care much about those but were in color order too. My boots, those were like my pets seeing as though I wear boots year around.

I grabbed my black combat boots with the buckles and matched it with a simple graphic tee and cut up white skinny jeans.

I pulled my long hair up into a messy bun, letting some strands fall if they wanted because I was too lazy to fix it. I applied a little black eyeliner, grabbed my bag and headed off for school.

When I got there I was a little early so I found my way to my locker. It was dirty and seriously needed a cleaning out. Right when I was on my way to do so, my iPhone buzzed in my back pocket.

I knew it wasn't anyone but Liz but I pulled it out to check the text message anyway. I figured since no one was really at the school yet I could walk and text at the same time. Mistake.

As I was texting my body crashed into a tall, firm figure and threw me off balance. His strong arms caught a hold to my wrist before I fell. I began to mutter a sorry and move hair out my face that fell out of my already messy bun.

"Stacie?" his voice asked with question.

I looked up and met his eyes, the same greyish, hazel eyes from the cafe. I couldn't help but smile and blush because I hadn't even had a chance to Text the guy yet and I had already displayed my clumsiness.

The last place I expected to see him was here. Sure he was cute, beyond cute actually but he didn't look my age.

He was still holding onto my wrist gently and I was beginning to feel the warmth of his hands all over again. His touch tickled and I liked it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

He smiled "I work here." he said like I was supposed to know that.

My eyes widened in shock and I felt the need to take my wrist from his hands. So that's exactly what I did. Confusion filled his face.

"Wait, what are you doing here?" he asked

"I go here silly." I said casually.

People were beginning to pour into the building. Isaiah and I didn't move though. Our bodies were a little close so I took it upon myself to move back a few inches.

His face was now a pale white and he looked disappointed. "Umm, I have a planning period. And

I nodded my head but I didn't say anything else. He walked away from me and pushed his way through the small hallways of the high school.

I felt like a little bit of hope had just died in me. I had been so excited when I left the cafe yesterday, but any chance I had of getting to know him had just been ruined. I couldn't date him now.

A small hand touched my back and I knew instantly it was Lizy.

"I was gonna go off on you for not responding to my text, but now I see why you didn't" she joked. I'm guessing she'd seen Isaiah.

Lizy had big brown eyes and chocolate brown long hair. She sort of reminded me of a bunny. She hopped around and was always cheerful. I always wanted to grab her cheeks. Although now, I really didn't feel like dealing with her cheerfulness when my dreams had just been ruined.

When I just start walking towards my locker, she'd followed my lead and started walking with me.

"Who was that?" she asked "He's hot" she added excited.

"You know I'm not sure of his last name." I looked at her, but I was actually just making a statement to myself. Not exactly talking to Lizy.

"Then what's his first name." she beamed

"His name is Isaiah." I said while opening up my locker and letting out a big sigh.

-Hmmm. It feels like I type so much and then its only two pages -_- !Sorry for any mistakes, I don't proofread plus I type fast. Forgive them, only human here. Vote, comment...it seriously doesnt take that long lol. Picture of Lizy on the side.