Chapter 22: What Really Happened

"Lizzy, I really don't know how it happened, it just did." I huffed into my phone while running my hand roughly through my hair. 

"Well I really don't know what to tell you Stac. I kind of saw it coming." She replied

I rolled my eyes as if she could see. "Like you ever take your head out of Carter's ass long enough to notice what's going on with me." I snapped, instantly feeling bad once the words wiggled from my thoughts and out my mouth. 

She gasped but I couldn't tell if she was really affected by my sudden rudeness or if she was joking. 

"I'm sorry Liz, I'm just really confused." I said softly.

"It's cool. I get it, really." Liz took a deep breath. "I have to go, talk to you later." Hanging up before I could grant her with a proper farewell. 

I tossed my phone on my bed, burying my face into my pillows. 

"Why me?!" I shouted to myself. 

After the kiss with Colton, he went about things as if it never happened, never bringing it up or even acting weird around me. Although it’s only been two days and I've only seen him through my window, I thought.

Is he as affected as I am? Did it mean anything? Why didn't I feel bad? I asked myself the same questions over and over again since I got home from his house the other day. 

As for Isaiah, we'd been texting but every time he asked me out or asked for me to come over, I made up some excuse. I didn't necessarily feel bad about the kiss right now but I knew the second I seen him, I would begin to. 

Regardless of whatever he is keeping from me, no one deserves to be cheated on. I contemplated on telling him but maybe I shouldn't share secrets until he shares his. 

I was falling deeper into my thoughts when my alarm sounded on my dresser. Time was telling me I needed to be getting ready for school but I dreaded school for so many reasons. One, I was fucking tired. Two, I was still deeply in my thoughts and didn't want to get out of bed. And three, I would have to face Isaiah at some point today. 

However, I reached over and shut off the alarm anyway. Climbing out of bed and heading to the bathroom for my regular routine and a shower. 

Once all the normal stuff was done and I was dressed in a casual shirt and a plain pair of jeans, I ignored my hair and let the slight natural wave do whatever it chose to. 

I gathered my things then headed to the kitchen for a quick snack before I stepped out the door to begin my long trip to hell (high school). 

To my surprise, my dad was at the stove, humming away when I entered the kitchen. It was always odd to see my dad home, especially on a weekend, scratch that, especially on a Monday. 

"Hey sweetheart." Without turning around, he spoke. 

"Hey dad." I said dryly, walking over to the counter to grab an apple. 

"Well someone is grumpy." He joked, finally turning to look at me, only for a second before focusing his attention back on his eggs, 

"Just tired." 

"Maybe if you didn't spend all night on the phone, you could've gotten some sleep" He chuckled lightly.

I took a seat and bit into my apple, ignoring his last comment. 

Moments went by silently, only the faint sound of me biting into my apple and the eggs being cooked. 

"You know if you are having boy troubles, its okay to talk to your Dad." He started.