Chapter 12: We could have a party...

I was rolling around in my bed, lost in my forest of fluffy white pillows, smiling at my pleasant dream when a big monster decided to ruin it all. The doorbell. It quickly woke me up but I kept my eyes closed. I was laying there hoping this disturbance would just assume no one was home and go away.

Once again it was just me in the house so I knew there was no chance my dad would magically appear and get the door. Finally opening my eyes, my eyes went directly to the clock. It read eight thirty, AM of course. Considering the time, that only made this disturbance much worse. Resulting in me being more annoyed than before.

The doo bell went off again then again, oh and again. I pushed my blanket off of me before hopping out of bed in a hurry. Whoever this was really was about to regret waking me up this early on a weekend.

Drawing pencils and a few tubes of paint covered my bedroom floor. I had been working on my project for the Art Show all night before crawling into bed at four in the morning. This meant I’d only received a few hours of sleep. Probably why I was now so cranky and upset about this disturbance, my sleep was just getting good.

I'm pretty sure my hair was a mess and my tank top way twisted. I still had on my painting clothes from yesterday. Sleep heavy on my face; I stomped down the stairs as the doorbell went off over and over again.

I swung the door open and one could only imagine my facial expression. I was beyond pissed. Especially since I know whatever he had to stay could've waited until noon.

"Carter, what do you want this early?" I growled and blocked the doorway, intentionally leaving him outside.

His brown hair was messy but that was usual for Carter. He was fully dressed and his body wash hit me with full force. Who the hell gets up this early on a Saturday? Better yet, who looks this cheerful, this early, ON A SATURDAY!

With a big smirk on his face, he took in my appearance, "Someone isn't a morning person."

"We both know that already, Carter. What do you want?" I bit out as calmly as I could.

"Get up, get dressed. We're throwing a party tonight. Your place. No, I'm not asking, I'm telling." He pushed me out the way as he spoke, welcoming himself into my home. Completely ignoring the fact I was clearly still tired.

"Only thing I'm doing today is sleeping. Get out Carter; come back when I call you. IF I call you." I whispered the last part as he walked around my living room, face full with ideas.

"Live a little, Stacie. We need a break." He said cheerfully while still walking around my living room.

Carter wasn't going to leave until I agreed to this part idea of his.

"No one from school even knows where I stay." I pointed out.

"Sure they do. I told them all yesterday." He shrugged his shoulders before glancing at me and walking into the kitchen.

"You didn't! You didn't even ask me first. Then you dance in here at eight in the morning and expect me to be okay with a party that you seem to have already planned. With or without my approval." I began to rant and it didn't seem to faze him at all.

"I DID! You need a break. Everyone at school needs a break. Loosen up Stacie."

"No one at that school even likes me nor talks to me."

"True, but they'll come. Look at where you stay. They're coming." Carter smiled at me.

I rolled my eyes and just walked away. I was fully awake now and figured I might as well get dressed because Carter wasn't leaving anytime soon obviously.

I showered and straightened my hair. I figured I'd clean my room later because apparently Carter and I had stuff to do, as he said.

We went to the store to get a few party things. Meanwhile I asked my male neighbors to move all the stuff out my living room and into the empty room not far from the living room.

I sat in the big part of the shopping cart while Carter pushed me around our local Walmart. We joked and knocked down a few things and I'm pretty sure we had to be getting out of here soon before management found out who was messing up every aisle in their store.

Carter drove so I sat in the passenger seat quietly. We pulled up to a small corner store which I suppose Carter had friends at and they would give us drinks for the party later on today. A few younger guys, maybe twenty or in their early twenties came to the car with Carter and helped him pack all the drinks in the trunk.

They both looked like Carter in a way, but just older. A few of the same features but the two guys had green eyes and brown hair. My guess they were twins but I wasn't exactly sure.

He hopped in the Carter after bidding the two guys goodbye. He tapped his hands on the wheel as we made our way back to my house to set up and get ready. It was around five PM when we got everything done. All that was left to do was get ready and wait.

I put on a pair of white ripped jeans and a baby blue crop top. I was debating about which shoes when Carter welcomed himself into my closet to bother me.

"You've been in this closet for a good hour." He huffed.

"You've been in my presence since eight this morning, I'm not complaining." I turned and shot him a sarcastic smile.

"Some guy named Isaiah keeps calling you."

I stiffened but I tried to hide it. "Family friend. I'll call him back later." Good lie. Good one Stacie, I gave myself a mental high five.

"If you say so." Carter turned and left me alone once again.

It didn't take long for my house to fill up with teens. The music was loud and it was clear half the people already came drunk and ready to destroy every nice thing in my home.

I didn't have many friends but I danced around with a few people I recognized. I won't lie; I had a few drinks and was starting to feel myself.

Honestly, everyone at the party looked drunk by the time it hit eleven, at least to me.

I moved towards the kitchen in a slow pace with the intent to get another drink but a firm wrist stopped me in my tracks.

"Carterrrr! Hi." I giggled.

He looked me over before laughing lightly under his breath. "Okay, maybe you didn't need a party." He whispered to himself.

"Has your hair always been this fluffy?" I ran my hands through his hair and laughed.

Carter moved my hand away from his head and began to lead me to the stairs. Everything moved so fast and my body felt so free. For once I felt like a normal teenager.

When we got to my room, he sat me down on the bed and turned to leave.

"Carter, stay." My voice was low and I suddenly just wanted to sleep.

He looked at me with confusion but he didn't deny my request. Carter laid on the bed and we just laid there in silence for a while.

"Carter....."

"Yes Stacie.."

"Can you do me a favor?"

"What is it first?" He chuckled a little.

"Kiss me."

Okay, to be truthful I have NO IDEA where I'm going with this story lol. Its been a while. I've been kind of busy but I think updates should come sooner now since school is almost over. That's all, til next time. Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them soon.