Chapter 21: I Should Feel Bad

I met Colton at his door in exactly ten minutes. He was there waiting for me in whole new attire. He no longer had on jeans and a sweater, his chest was covered in a white V-neck that clung to all the muscles he did have, along with some random college logo sweatpants. However, his hair was still as messy as before.

"Well now I feel overdressed." I said as a greeting, pushing my way pass him and into the house.

I'd known Colton for a while now, but this was my first time ever stepping foot into his uncle's home. Everyone usually just hung out at my house.

The door shut softly behind me as I took in the decoration of the house. It looked exactly how I imagined Mr. Turner's house to be. Everything was set up oddly although the house had just about the same structure of my own home.

The windows had large curtains but were currently open to let the sunlight shine in. As far as I could tell, only being granted a small view of a leather sofa, the living room was what being hidden behind two wooden, big sliding doors.

All the walls were painted a boring off-white and the only things truly in front of me were stairs.

"Room is this way." Colton said dryly while walking in front of me to lead the way.

I followed behind silently and didn't say a word until we entered his room. He instantly leaped onto his bed as I stood by the door awkwardly taking in his boyish room.

"Well, close the door and stop staring Stac." He chuckled a little, pushing a hand roughly through his hair.

I nodded and closed the door, but still I didn't say anything. Everything felt weird between us now. Probably because part of me just wanted to ask him if he felt what I felt that one day, although I knew I would never bring that up.

The sound of patting snapped me out of my thoughts, my eyes glancing over to a smiling Colton as he patted his hand on his bed, motioning for me to come sit.

My heart sped up a little at the thought of sitting next to him...on his bed. The room was fairly large, about the same size as mine. There were several doors, which I just assumed hid the bathroom and his closet. The walls were a dark blue and everything in his room was a mahogany, the dresser, bed, end tables, everything.

I walked slowly over to the bed and set down my bag of snacks. His gaze went to the bag, no longer on me. I physically felt my heart slow down. I don't know why I was freaking out like I'd never been around Colton alone before. Where the sudden tingles came from whenever I thought of his name and his smile, I don't know where that came from either.

"Well sit. Damn Stacie you're acting weird." He spoke up.

I quickly sat down next to him and looked his way. "I'm not acting weird." I laughed silently, brushing stray strands of hair behind my ear.

"Surrrree you aren't." He laughed. "So what snacks did you bring?" He asked, reaching for my bag which I immediately snatched up before he could get a hold of it.

I held the bag up in the air, smiling at his random confused expression. "Guess." Was all I said, standing up on his bed so the bag was further from his reach. Thankfully I didn't have on shoes anymore, I thought.

"There's the Stac I'm used to." He whispered to himself, smiling.

"What do I get if guess correctly?" Colton said with a sly smirk taking over his face and his deep blue eyes shined with excitement.

Returning his smirk, my heart hit a hundred miles per hour for the tenth time today as I thought about what he should get if he guessed right. My mind instantly went to a kiss but my rapid thinking stopped when Isaiah popped up in my head.

I was being unfair to him right now. Sure he had lied to me before but to this day, I still didn't know about what exactly. Of course that was because he still wouldn't tell me for whatever reasons, those he wouldn't tell me either.

Besides, Colton didn't know I was starting to like him a little. Hell, I didn't even realize I was starting to like him until seconds ago, literally. I'm sure he was still under the impression that we're simply friends and I have Isaiah.

I was thinking too much.

"Are you going to keep zoning out like that?" Colton asked his expression curious but his voice still held a hint of playfulness.

I pushed Isaiah to the back of my mind. "Maybe." I smirked, and began jumping on his bed like a five year old.

I jumped for probably a whole minute until I felt my leg being pulled and everything after that moved completely too fast.

My whole body hit the soft mattress covered in a "teen boy" like blanket. My breath hitched in my chest as I felt the sudden weight of Colton holding me down.

He grabbed both of my wrists and held them over my head in a forceful manner. I currently still had possession of my bag but I was starting to highly doubt I would have it for long.

Due to the way I was pulled down, my body laid flatly onto his bed and my legs were bent in some weird way to try to soften my fall. His body was placed perfectly between my legs and suddenly his face seemed really close to my own.

I peered into his eyes for the first time. His eyes were clouded and distant.

"What do I get?" He huffed loud enough for only me to hear, not like anyone else was in the room anyway.

I wanted to speak up and say something playful back but I just kept staring into his captivating eyes. He didn't speak again, just stared right back into my own eyes.

"Just guess." I muttered quietly.

"Gummy worms." He smiled, breaking our stares and looking up at my bag.

I strained my neck in this compromising position we were in to see what he was looking at. Snacks were pouring out of my bag, more specifically, gummy worms.

I grinned, "You cheated."

"We didn't make any rules." He grinned back, brightly. "So what do I get?"

We never moved, shifted, or even attempted to get up from our position and oddly; this didn't feel awkward at all.

"What do you want?" I whispered, looking into his eyes once again.

He didn't speak; he just closed the space between the two of us. His lips set upon mine as I took a few seconds to register what he was doing.

My breathing became labored as my eye lids slowly shut and I kissed him back. The kiss felt gentle while his soft lips moved on mine in slow movements.

The kiss didn't last long but I could still feel his lips on mine.

Colton moved away in hesitant movements and smiled at me. He grabbed the gummy worms from off his bed and lay next to me.

"Now let's watch this movie." Was all he said as he popped a gummy worm into his mouth.

I just stared for several seconds and tried to take in what just happened. I wasn't really worried about the kiss anymore; I was worried about why I didn't feel bad about it happening.

- I really hate writing about kisses lol. Umm, long wait, & pretty sure everyone who is reading this already knows I'm sorry I won't say it again. Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them later. Uh, vote, comment, whatever. Til next time :)