Chapter 26: Starting Over

"Okay class, I want you all to just freestyle today. I'm not giving you anything special to do, go with your heart. Draw, paint, sculpt, do whatever your heart feels." I listened to Isaiah's instructions but I kept my head down, making sure not to look directly at him. 

The weekend had come and gone quicker than I liked and here I was sitting in class, torturing myself while Isaiah looked fine. Teaching calmly like our fight hadn't happened. Like we hadn't just decided to go separate ways. 

When Isaiah was done giving instructions, he took a seat at his desk, not saying anything else to the class. I dared to lift my head only to have my eyes drawn to his that were already staring at me. I could see pleading in his eyes but the rest of his face held his calm facade. 

I tore my eyes away from him. He wasn't going to make me feel guilty for leaving him like I did when I was the one that had been lied to. What am I saying? He only looked at me. I'm going crazy, reading into simple looks. 

"Stacie, focus." Liz said, nudging me in the stomach. 

"Stop freaking doing that!" I whispered to her while rubbing my side. "That shit really hurts." I added. 

Liz's face was painted with a guilt-ridden smile, "Sorry." 

We both started our art projects for the day, her humming quietly and me just doing any random lines and shapes while hoping this class went by in light speed.

Why would I get involved with my teacher? I knew we'd have to break up eventually, we never stood a chance. He was my teacher for cry-sake. I put myself through this torture knowingly and now I was sitting here pouting because I can't stand to be in the same room with him for this long. 

It felt like the room was a small linen closet and Isaiah was ten times bigger than his actual size and we were the only two stuck in this sorry excuse of a closet while I was claustrophobic. 

My air was running low and he felt extremely too close for me to feel any comfort. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted him to tell me everything I assumed was wrong and he was never sleeping with Lillian, the whore mentor. 

The bell rang loudly over all of us students, snapping me out of my weird coping trance. The rest of the students scrabbling around putting away art supplies they were using, Liz was packing up her bag while completely ignoring her horrible art project and I myself was staring at the art project in front of me. 

The sketching pencil barely had any graphite left and the paper in front me was covered with words and a girl sitting under a dead tree. I snatched up the drawing, shoving it into my bag before anyone could see what I drew. 

"Stacie." I heard my name roll of his lips so I shook my head in a failed attempt of telling him not now. 

"Just give me a zero for today." I muttered, gathering the rest of my things. 

Liz was nowhere in sight but few students were still in the classroom so I knew Isaiah wasn't dumb enough to try anything reckless but I still felt like his presence was too close. 

"I'm not giving you a zero when I watched you draw all class period." Isaiah's voice neared, busying myself with packing up more of my things. 

"I said I didn't draw anything today, Mr.Smith. Have a nice day." I spoke with my head high after I finally found enough courage to look him in the eye. 

Shock flashed in his eyes as I walked away without looking back or looking at the students who were giving me weird looks. I ignored them all, floating through the halls to my next class. Further away from Isaiah so I could breathe properly and try to forget the display of crazy I'd just given anyone around me back there. 

I don't know why he had this affect on me but I knew I couldn't take this for the rest of the week. I'd already missed so much school, it was starting to feel like I was never here to begin with. So not coming for the rest of the week simply wasn't an option. 

"Hey, Stac." Colton said before his lips rested on my own in a soft peck. 

I blinked, looking at Colton with a surprised expression. "Um, Hi Colton." I greeted him back as I settled into my seat in English class. 

Colton took the seat next to me, smiling like a young boy. "Sorry, that was properly strange. I should of asked first." 

I nodded my head, "You should have." I smiled. "But it's fine, I don't mind kissing you." 

I saw him grin happily out my peripheral vision, knowing a small smile most likely spread across my face as well. 

Enlgish class went on like normal. I tuned out the teacher as I was still trying to figure out what I was doing here. On one hand I had Colton who was quickly starting to act like we were an item and on the other hand I had Isaiah who obviously had something to say to me but I didn't give him a chance. 

The rest of the school day went by uneventful but I couldn't shake the haunting feeling that I needed to pick between them and pick soon. 

I shoved books I didn't need into my locker while hands wrapped around my waist. I didn't jump or move out his embrace. 

"Hey, Carter." I smiled, turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck in a tight hug. 

"Hey, Stacie." He greeted with head resting on mine as we were still hugging. 

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to take my boyfriend." Liz cut in, winking at me. 

I giggled, finally letting Carter out of our tight hug, smiling at them both. 

"What's going on? Want to hang out with us?" Carter asked me, shutting my locker to get my full attention. 

Still the same annoying ass he's always been I thought. "Hang out with you two? I miss you Carter but I know my best friend, she gets a little touchy. Don't want to watch you two make out and grope each other secret parts." I joked halfheartedly. 

Liz threw her hands up in defense, "I do not!" She shouted with a twinkle in her eyes. "But I promise you won't have to deal with any of that today. I'm mad at him." She huffed, glaring at Carter before turning back to me and smiling. 

"Ohh, relationship drama, really keeping my distance now." I laughed before another set of arms wrapped around my waist yet again. 

"Well, it looks like you two finally got cozy. Liz, you owe me five dollars." Carter said. 

Confusion spread across my face which I'm sure Colton's face held the same expression. 

Liz groaned, pulling out five bucks and slapping it in Carter's waiting hand. 

"We bet on how long it would take for you two to get together, I said a few weeks, Liz here said two months." Carter smiled triumphantly, shoving the money in his back pocket. 

"Happy to know you had faith in me man." Colton said, fist pumping Carter while laughing. The two had become friends over the short time we'd all known each other. 

I shook my head at all my friends, happy to finally have a normal part of my day. 

"Anyway, no to hanging out with you two." I said unwrapping Colton's arms from my waist. "He and I aren't anything for now if anyone should know." I grabbed Colton's hand, lacing his fingers with my own. "See you two tomorrow, Liz text me. Carter keep in touch more often. Colton you're coming with me." I turned away from them, dragging Colton with me. 

Getting in my car, I texted Isaiah to meet me at our place after telling Colton to follow behind me in his own car. 

I was going to handle this once and for all and hopefully I'd leave with at least having one of them on my side. 

-Hi, this was a random update...well all of them are random. I felt like writing so here it is. I know where I want the story to go and I have an ending in mind already. They'll probably be 3 more chapters and a epilogue or 4 chapters and no epilogue. I don't know yet. But I think I will be ending the story soon. SORRY for any mistakes, I didn't feel like proofreading. Point out any and til next time :) and Happy Halloween !!