28. A third wheel

With the news of Elliot being sent back to live with his dad and Kieran's parents going out of town on business, it was time for a party

With the news of Elliot being sent back to live with his dad and Kieran's parents going out of town on business, it was time for a party. Finally it felt like we had something to get excited for. Ava and I's girls weekend would have to happen tomorrow because tonight was the first Kieran party I could actually go to without lies and actually be with my man.

It would feel good to not have to watch him with any other girls. He was all mine tonight and that was something I had been waiting for.

"How hot do I look?" Ava twirled around my room.

"Beyond hot, I can guarantee that the guys will be falling at your feet tonight." I laughed.

"They better or I'm going home, I'm not wasting this outfit for a lame night."

I knew she was kidding. No matter if she got with a guy or not it would be a fun night. It would be me and her having the nights like we used to.

"It feels weird to be going to a party officially the girlfriend of Kieran Black." I was letting my nerves get the best of me.

"It's not weird, it's exciting. Just think, you won't have to watch as any annoying girls try to swoop in and steal your man. He's all yours now whether you like it or not." Ava gave me the pep talk I needed.

She was right, if any girl was going to try and get with Kieran I'd happily stand in her way now. No torturing myself anymore.

"That guy is so checking you out."

I barely was paying attention as the voice of my best friend flooded my ears.

"Excuse me, I'll be back." Kieran turned and I leaped forward grabbing his arm stopping him.

"What do you think you are doing?" I have my boyfriend a stern look.

"Getting another drink?" He played innocent.

"Sure you were, how do you even know he's looking at me and not Ava?" I questioned.

I looked over in the direction that Ava was and immediately saw the guy. He was leaning against a wall sipping on a drink not even trying to hide the fact he was definitely staring.

"Watch." Ava said stepping away from me creating some distance between us.

The guys eyes didn't follow my best friend but stayed on me. What was with this guy? It was obvious that I wasn't single. Kieran had been helpless following me around all night like a lost puppy. It was cute. When I told him I wanted to hang out with Ava he seemed to think that meant all three of us were hanging out. I didn't have the heart to say no to him. At least after Nate ditched him about five minutes after he got here.

"Ok but that doesn't mean anything." I waved her off.

"I think it means I'm going to beat his ass." Kieran grumbled.

"No you are not." I pulled him closer to me trying to keep him from going full caveman.

He wrapped an arm around my waist holding me protectively in his arms.

"I guess I'm not." He frowned slightly.

I knew Kieran wouldn't actually fight a guy just for looking at me. He wasn't that crazy, but sometimes I liked to play it safe and keep a grasp on him.

"How did I get stuck being a third wheel. I'm supposed to be hooking up with a guy and then forget his name tomorrow." Ava sighed pouting at Kieran and I.

"Will another round of drinks cheer you up?" I suggested.

"You know the way to my heart!" She beamed grabbed my hand and pulling me away from Kieran.

"I'll be back." I waved at my boyfriend as I got dragged to the kitchen by the crazy blonde.

Once we got to the kitchen and weaved our way through the people scattered through the room we raided the fridge. There were perks that came with your boyfriend being the one to throw the party. He got your favorite drink. I pulled out two cans of the spiked lemonades and turned to hand one to my best friend only to find the spot she was standing in empty.

I scanned the room for her blonde hair only to find nothing. I couldn't have lost her, I mean she was literally right next to me a second ago.

What if someone had kidnapped her? Grabbed her when I wasn't looking and now she was being tortured somewhere. I knew that was a crazy thought, I definitely would have heard her being kidnapped but how did I not notice her walk off?

I scanned the kitchen one last time making sure I didn't miss anything. This time I saw it. It wasn't Ava but my brother. More specifically my brother making out with some girl I didn't recognize.

I didn't even know that he was coming to this party and yet here he is. Ava had to have seen him and ran off. I could only imagine what it must have felt like to see that. Part of me wanted to storm up to him and yell or hit him. I wanted to be mad at him for hurting my best friend like this but he had no clue what he was doing to her.

Guys were so clueless.

I made my way back to where I left Kieran hoping that Ava just headed back that way. I knew it was probably unlikely but worse case scenario I would get someone to help me look for her. I really needed to find Ava.

"Kieran." I practically ran into him.

"Is everything ok?" He looked at me with concern.

"Did Ava walk through here?" I scanned the room looking for her but still couldn't find her.

"I thought she was with you." He said.

"She disappeared." I shook my head.

"I'll help you look for her." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it trying to help calm me.

I was starting to freak out. I didn't want her to be upset or to be hurting. I just really needed to make sure that she was ok even though I knew she probably wasn't.

A/n:

I shaved my head a few days ago and yesterday my whole family got together and they found out about my haircut. I knew it was going to be a thing. Like a lot of them are pretty traditional and like girls should have long hair and blah blah blah. It's just annoying but I really don't care about anything they have to say and the people that matter in my life like it.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Cora Leigh