23. I dont want to share you

"Are you coming?" I asked Ava as I walked towards the cafeteria

"No I have work I need to catch up on, I was thinking of going to the library." She shook her head.

I gave her a questioning look, Ava was never someone to miss out on lunch. We always ate together and the few amount of times I'd decided to skip lunch to do last minute homework Ava is always the one to talk me into doing my homework in the cafeteria so I could eat lunch and work at the same time. She was never one to skip a meal.

"Can't you just do your work in the cafe? You aren't one to skip lunch." I told her.

"No I need to meet with one of my teachers." She responded.

I thought she just had work and was going to the library. I knew that she was lying to me but I couldn't figure out why.

Maybe it had something to do with my brother. I knew Ava better than anyone else and she'd tell me whatever it was when she was ready.

"Ok well I'll see you later then." I frowned.

I guess I could always just sit with Kieran and Nate.

"See you." She waved and walked off in the opposite direction.

I just watched and it just further proved that she was lying. Because as she made a right down the hallway I knew that none of her classes or the library was that way. I had no clue where she was going.

I tried to not overthink it and just turned to walk towards the cafeteria but just as I turned someone was standing right in front of me blocking my path.

"I heard something funny today." Elliot crossed his arms across his chest.

"I don't have time for this, I'm hungry." I tried to walk around him.

I didn't want to let Elliot win, I wasn't going to freak out and I wasn't going to freeze. If I just got away from him everything would be ok.

"Don't you want to know what I heard." He grabbed my arm tightly not letting me walk away.

"What?" I snapped hoping to get this over with.

"You know when I left I thought when I finally found my way back here you'd be here waiting for me. I didn't expect someone to have snatched you away but imagine my surprise when I heard you had a boyfriend, and then a double surprise that your boyfriend is Kieran. He's not a good guy Jade and I don't think I want him anywhere near you." He used his grip on me to pull me closer to him.

I was helpless, the strength I had in the beginning faded away and I was frozen. My body shook as I tried not to focus on where his hand was touching my skin.

"It could get ugly Jade, you don't want to make me mad. I really don't want to have to hurt anyone especially not you but you're making it so hard. You saw what I did to Harlan, that was me being nice. Next time I won't be and maybe it'll be your precious Kieran next." His other hand went towards my face and I flinched as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Why are you doing this?" I choked out on the verge of tears.

"Because I love you Jade and I don't want to share you. Either you break up with Kieran or I'll make your life a living hell. I'll make sure everyone you care about hurts the way I do every time I see you with Kieran."

I couldn't say anything, I was stuck in his grasps. What was I supposed to do? Kieran was my happiness but I didn't want anyone to get hurt. Elliot was out of his mind but I had to trust what he was saying. No one else deserved to get hurt.

"Ok." I said quietly.

"I knew you'd be smart Jade." He smiled and let go of my arm.

I looked down at where he had held me and saw the red mark his hand had left. It hurt as a moved my arm and tried to make space between us. I had enough of Elliot, I couldn't understand why he had even come back. It couldn't be because of me, he didn't love me, this wasn't what love was.

I tried to move around him and this time Elliot didn't stop me as I hurried towards the cafeteria.

"Woah." A pair of hands stopped me right before I could run straight into them.

I hadn't even been paying attention to my surroundings and I had figured everyone was already at lunch.

"Jade? Are you ok?"

I looked up to see Nate looking down at me with concern.

"Yeah of course." I nodded knowing that it was an obvious lie.

Nate looked over my shoulders and I watched as he frowned. I didn't have to turn to know what he was looking at.

"Kieran's in the cafeteria, he'll be happy to see you." Nate said not looking at me.

"Aren't you coming with?" I questioned.

"No I have to meet up with one of my teachers, I'll see you around." He stepped around me and walked off.

I didn't look behind me and just pushed my way through the doors to the cafeteria and found Kieran easily.

"Hey I was wondering where you were." He grinned as I sat next to him.

"My teacher kept me late but I'm here now." I forced myself to smile.

He just looked at me for a second before nodding slowly. He could always tell when I was lying but I was happy that he didn't push it.

"Did you see Nate? He was acting weird today, and now that I think about it he's been acting weird for the past few weeks. He keeps dodging me when I know he's not busy." Kieran changed the topic.

"Yeah he said he was going to see a teacher," I said truthfully.

"Hmm he told me that coach wanted to talk to him." Kieran seemed deep in thought.

"What is with our best friends and acting weird? Ava dodged me today too." I told him.

There was something weird happening with everyone but I didn't have the time to think about it. I had bigger things to deal with.

I couldn't hurt Kieran but also I didn't want to let him get hurt by someone else.

I had no idea what I was going to do.

A/n:

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Cora Leigh