14. Stop spying on me

"Ok talk

"Ok talk." I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at Nate.

We were currently standing in the hallway alone. I didn't exactly know what I expected to come out of his mouth. You never really knew what to expect when it came to Nate.

"Look I just wanted to apologize, Kieran told me about you guys and everything with his party. I guess that was sort of my fault so I just wanted to say sorry and make sure we are good. Kieran seems to really like you so I'd hate for you to have a bad impression of me."

I just looked at him for a second. I wasn't exactly expecting an apology.

"Look I'm not mad at you, you didn't know and that was on Kieran not you." I said.

"Don't be mad at Kieran for that. I did make it really hard for him to say no."

"Kieran and I have moved past it I'm not mad anymore." I assured Nate.

He nodded.

"So how are you doing?" He asked before I could turn and walk away.

"What?" I just blinked.

I wasn't expecting that at all. I was expecting it even less than the apology.

"Ok so Kieran might have asked me to tell him how you were. More like if you looked ok but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask and get a full report to tell him." He shrugged.

"You can tell him to stop spying on me and ask me himself." I snapped.

"Ok so I can see I just made things worse." He put his hands up in a surrender.

"I'll see you around Nate." I waved before turning away to go back to the cafeteria.

"Fuck my life." I heard him mutter to himself before I was fully out of hearing range.

Nate was a good guy, I never thought otherwise. Maybe at some point we'd actually be friends but I wasn't trying to make friends at this moment. I had a lot to deal with so I just made my way back to Ava and Jaxon.

I reached forward to push the door to the cafeteria open when I felt a hand grip my arm stopping me.

"You've been ignoring me Jade."

The sound of his voice sent shivers all the way down my spine. I froze. It's hard to tell what you would do in situations like this, some people fight, some people run. For me apparently I just freeze and hope the person walks away.

"Didn't you miss me?" He learned towards me his breath hitting the side of my face.

I shook my head. I didn't want to be this close to Elliot ever again. But here he was towering over me, making me feel helpless and small.

Elliot spun my body so that I was facing him. I couldn't move, my body shook as I stood there.

"I'm feeling nice today Jade but if your brother keeps trying to cause trouble I might not be so forgiving." He reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before turning and walking down the hall.

I knew it was a bad idea for Harlan to go after him but he never listened. If he kept it up Elliot wouldn't just walk away from me next time. I knew him, I'd seen what he was capable of. I wasn't going to be the one to call his bluff.

Kieran's POV:

"I can see why you like her." Nate said through the phone.

I didn't know why I even had Nate keep an eye on Jade. I knew she was probably fine and even if she wasn't I knew she'd tell me when I saw her later today. I just couldn't help but worry especially after she seemed so upset yesterday. Something happened and I didn't want today to be a repeat of it.

"Ok but how did she seem?"

"I mean I think she seemed ok but she also told me to basically fuck off and said to tell you that you should ask her yourself instead of trying to spy on her."

I slammed my hand into the front of my face. Why did I even bother asking Nate to do things? He obviously could not be trusted to do the simplest of tasks.

"You talked to her?" I questioned.

"Yep, I apologized for the party and then asked how she was doing. She's a hard one to read but after I asked she definitely seemed annoyed."

"I seriously hate you right now." I sighed.

He was unbelievable. I didn't want him to go up and ask her, if I wanted that I would've just asked her myself.

"It really sucks you are suspended right now, you are missing a lot." Nate said ignoring my previous statement.

"Ok I'll bite, tell me what I've missed."

Besides being a pain in my ass, Nate was also quite the gossip. It was annoying but made him mildly tolerable.

"Well Harlan showed up yesterday got his ass beat. Maybe you should show up after school today you know seems like the theme for suspended students to just show up and start fights."

My interest was immediately peaked. If Harlan showed up at the school to start a fight it had to have been after Jade went back home. I couldn't be certain but the only reason I could think of that Harlan would drive all the way to the school to fight would be because of his twin.

"One time doesn't count as a pattern dumbass. Who'd he fight?"

"Remember Elliot? He was on the basketball team freshman year and then moved away half way through sophomore year?"

"He's back?"

I remembered Elliot pretty well. It was hard to forget the guy I despised for over a year and then practically threw a party the day he moved. But just because I hated him didn't mean everyone else did. Unfortunately he was quite popular at the school and Harlan's best friend.

I was definitely missing something.

"Yeah showed back up yesterday. Hopefully coach doesn't let him back on the team. You don't need to play with another guy that you hate. You and Harlan trying to kill each other is enough."

I would rather quit the team than have to play with Elliot. And was saying a lot because I loved basketball.

A/n:

I've been doing a lot of writing and planning for my stories lately and it's been a lot of fun and has gotten me back into it. I was feeling like I was in a funk for awhile but now I've broke out of it.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Cora Leigh