3. Dumb party

I had spent all night coming up with the perfect plan

I had spent all night coming up with the perfect plan. I knew my family would be fine if I told them I was going over to Ava's but my brother being his overprotective self would probably double check with her to see if I was with her. Harlan believed that Ava wouldn't lie to him but for me I knew she would. But she'd only lie under the right circumstances. I knew she'd want all the details of where I'm actually going so I had to figure out exactly what to tell her I was doing.

Even now as I walked down the hallway of the school I had come up with nothing. I'd take the rest of the day to try and figure out exactly what I was going to tell her I was doing. I couldn't tell her I was with a guy because she had a strict policy about location sharing which was super great in every scenario except this one. Everyone knew where Kieran lived, both Ava and I had been to the house to sneak into one of his parties. Since then my brother has basically put me on lockdown whenever Kieran was throwing a party. He didn't trust me or my best friend not to sneak off to his house.

Despite the obstacles that stood in our way I felt excitement buzz through my body at the thought of a whole night with Kieran alone. This weekend could be a turning point in our relationship. It felt like something big. We hadn't been able to spend time like this together yet and I knew I was falling for him. This night could be the last thing that pushed me over the edge with him.

I stepped into my first period class and sat in the seat next to my brother. The morning had been uneventful without my usual Kieran sighting. I was beginning to wonder where he was, I hadn't heard from him at all yet today.

"My moms been being super weird about me being out late but I'll do what I can." Jaxon said.

I didn't know what the boys were talking about but I wasn't too interested in trying to jump in on the conversation.

"Come on its a Saturday night I can't spend it with just my sister." Harlan sighed.

That caught my attention.

"And you won't be spending it with me at all. I'm planning on making plans to go over Avas." I frowned.

"Nope, I'm not falling for that shit. I know you Jade and you're staying home that night."

My jaw dropped. What the hell was happening? The only time I knew my brother to make sure I stayed home was when Kieran was throwing a party and he wasn't throwing one on Saturday.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"You and Ava are going to try and sneak over to Kierans party. I told you I don't want you going to them. I don't trust that he won't try and do something to you just to mess with me."

"Kierans throwing a party?" I didn't want to believe it.

He wouldn't do that to me. He told me he wanted to spend a nice night together. We were supposed to hang out and do more than just hang out. Maybe my doubts were right. Maybe he didn't want to sleep with me. I feel like I'd rather him just tell me then blindside me like this.

"Yeah you didn't hear?"

Usually news of a party thrown by Kieran would spread by wildfire but I hadn't heard anything about it. I had a feeling a certain someone was trying his hardest to keep the news out of my ears.

"I guess I haven't been paying attention to what people are saying." I shrugged.

I turned away from my brother not feeling up to talking anymore. I wanted to scream or cry or do something. I just hoped that Kieran knew what was good for him and stayed as far away from me as he could.

I was sitting in the cafeteria with Ava when I saw Kieran for the first time all day. I hadn't been looking for him but his usual fan girls made it easy to be notified of his presence. Usually I'd find entertainment in the interaction but today I couldn't even look at him.

"Are you ok?" Ava asked.

I just shrugged knowing that if I tried to talk I'd probably end up crying. I cared about Kieran and he had just treated me like an afterthought. He got me excited at the possibility of a weekend together and then crushed it with his barehands.

"You want to come over this weekend? Have a girls night?" She offered.

"Can't Kierans having a party and I'm on home arrest." I said softly trying to make sure my voice didn't crack.

"Oh leave that to me, I'll get Harlan to come around. And then maybe we should go to that party, stick it to your overprotective brother." She gave me a reassuring smile.

Usually the idea of going against my brother and showing him that he couldn't control my life would be right up my alley. But I didn't know if I wanted to go to that party. Watching Kieran surrounded by girls on a night that was supposed to be ours felt like a knife to the heart.

"I don't want to go to that dumb party." I frowned.

I didn't feel like crying anymore. I just felt like I wanted to strangle someone. Specifically a boy named Kieran.

"Well I'll get your brother to agree to let you come over. I have very good persuasive abilities." She shimmied her shirt down a bit so her boobs were slightly showing.

Usually I'd make a comment on her tactics to get my brother to do whatever she wanted but today I kept my mouth shut. My energy levels were at an all time low.

It took everything in me to decide to look over at Kierans table. I was surprised to see him already looking straight at me.

I felt my whole body set on edge. His gaze sent goosebumps down my arms. I hated that I reacted to him so easily. I was supposed to be mad at him.

A/n:

I haven't been writing as much because I've been really busy but I did plan out this whole book by chapter. I am super excited to keep writing and sharing this story with you all.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Cora Leigh