4. All your groupies

"Jade!" I ignored his voice

I didn't want to talk to him. Kieran could kiss my ass. I wasn't hurt anymore I was just angry.

"Jade will you just listen to me." I felt his hand clasp my arm causing me to stop as I tried to hurry away from him.

"We shouldn't do this here Kieran, what if someone were to see you with me?" I snapped wiggling my arm out of his grasp.

"You know it's not me who cares about that now will you just let me talk?"

I just wanted to go home I could see the exit doors ahead and I knew if I ran I'd make it outside where people were probably still around and Kieran would back off. It may have been me who pushed for the secrecy more than he did but he knew to respect it. If my brother were to find out everything would be so much worse than it was now.

"Have you ever considered the fact that I don't want to talk to you?" I turned and crossed my arms.

If he wanted to talk I'd give him an ear full.

"I'm sorry ok? I know you're probably pissed at me." He reached out towards me but I took a step back.

"How could you do this? I thought you wanted to spend time with me. We made plans and you go and decide to throw a party not even twenty four hours later. I was excited, I got my hopes up and yet again I'm let down by you." Instead of anger I found the sadness hit again and it was no use trying to hold back the tears.

I hated that he looked hurt, I saw it in his eyes as he just stood there taking in what I said.

"I wanted this weekend to be about us but I must have told Nate a while back about my parents being out of town this weekend because he already had this party planned. I promise I tried to get out of it but I can't exactly explain why I don't want to throw a party."

He looked like he was telling the truth but I didn't think I was ready to forgive him. I was hurt and I wanted him to fight harder for this. It was his house ultimately he could decide what happened in it.

"You know what Kieran you have fun at your dumb party and with all your groupies, see if I care." I turned around and stormed straight out of the school.

He could do whatever the hell he wanted because I was done caring. It shouldn't be this hard. I thought love would be easy. That if I found someone they'd bring happiness into my life. But I should've known that with Kieran he'd only bring heartbreak and trouble.

I knew Kieran was nothing but trouble from day one so I hated that I was surprised now that he hurt me.

I hated that part of me wanted to turn around and run back to him. I hated that I still wanted to spend afternoons in his car bickering and kissing. I hated a lot of things but the one thing I didn't hate was Kieran. I felt like I couldn't hate him. He had my heart and there was nothing I could do about that.

Once I got into my car it felt like everything hit me at once. I thought of the what if's. What if Kieran actually listened to me and got with one of his groupies. The thought of Kieran hurting me even more than he already has was what caused the tears to continue to fall. I probably looked like a crazy person as I sobbed in my car.

I didn't want this to be the end of us but I also wasn't ready to forgive him. I needed time and I just hoped he would understand that.

I tried to compose myself the best I could so that I wasn't completely blind while I tried to drive. The last thing I wanted was to go home though. Seeing my brother and being reminded of why Kieran and I would never work didn't seem like something I needed right now. Instead I found myself pulling out of the parking lot and driving the route to my best friends house.

If anyone knew how to make me feel better it was her.

"Here you go." Ava stuffed a carton of chocolate ice cream into my lap and I happily accepted it.

I needed some calories to try and make my heart hurt a little less. It wasn't a proven science that chocolate fixed everything but right now it felt like a pretty good bandaid for my problems. So what if I ate until I felt better. Even if I ended up fat and had to buy all new clothes, at least I'd be happier than I was right now.

"Thank you." I forced a smile before grabbing a spoon and digging in.

"You want to talk about why you showed up at my door crying?" She asked.

I felt like I needed my best friend to help me through it and I knew I could trust her. Maybe it was time to open up the bubble that held Kieran and I in and let just one more person in. Ava would know exactly what to say.

"You can't tell anyone, not a single soul." I told her between bites.

"The only person I tell anything to is you so that would mean I'd only be spilling your secret to yourself which I don't think is a problem."

"It's about a boy. I really dumb boy who I wish I hated but I don't." I sighed.

"Boys are my specialty, lay it on me," she laid back onto her bed and got ready to listen to me.

"So I've been kinda seeing someone secretly for about two months." I said.

"Two months and you didn't tell me?"

I had a feeling she'd be hurt by that. I knew I should've told her sooner but I couldn't go back and change anything now.

"It's Kieran."

I watched as her jaw literally dropped.

"Well I definitely wasn't expecting that one."

A/n:

Ok so I'm not going to do Saturday and Sunday because I changed my other book to once a week. So this is now going to be Saturday and Tuesday upload. I've been kinda busy lately with school so I haven't been writing as much. I didn't want to put any pressure on myself so three overall uploads a week seemed better than four.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Cora Leigh