17. I love him

My hand slipped under his shirt as I tried to get it off of him

My hand slipped under his shirt as I tried to get it off of him. I was done with taking it slow.

"Take your clothes off." I groaned.

Kieran laughed against my neck. It wasn't often that we were not in the back of his car. Being in a bed, with space to do what we wanted was a luxury for us. My brother was out for the afternoon hanging out with Jaxon and a couple other guys from the basketball team. Luckily Kieran was never invited to those outings and it meant we had the house to ourselves.

"You're so bossy." Kieran grinned as he slipped his shirt over his head.

I wrapped my legs around him and pulled him back on top of me. I wasn't messing around anymore. Instead of making a comment Kieran just connected our lips and let his hands explore my body.

We separated the kiss just long enough for him to pull my shirt off and then resumed. I let my own hands work their way over his muscles while his found their way to my chest.

I wanted to speed the process up, to get the clothes off and finally have Kieran the way I wanted him.

"Kieran." I breathed.

His lips trailed down my neck, this felt more than right. My whole body was focused on him, I couldn't think about anything else.

"I need you." I pleaded underneath him.

"Patience," he mumbled into my skin.

He should know by now I didn't have any patience.

"Jade can you-,"

My heart stopped. I pushed Kieran off me.

"Hey Harlan." I gave him a small smile forgetting I wasn't wearing a shirt.

"What the fuck." He just stared at Kieran who was slipping his shirt back on.

"Hey man." Kieran nodded towards Harlan as if it was no big deal.

All I could feel was nerves. I didn't want them to fight, I just wanted everyone to get along.

"I'm going to kill you." Harlan went from stunned to pissed off very quickly.

I was stumbling to reach my brother as he stormed towards Kieran.

"Harlan stop!" I yelled.

I figured there was nothing I could do to stop them once Harlan threw the first punch but Kieran didn't fight back. I watched as he just took the punches.

"Harlan please stop." I grabbed the back of his shirt trying to pull him away.

Harlan didn't fight against me and let me put some distance between the two of them.

"I should probably go," Kieran wiped at the blood on his face.

"Yeah." I nodded.

I didn't need the fight to resume.

"I'll see you later babe." He waved and then hurried out of the room.

Once he was out of the room Harlan shrugged me off of him.

"Harlan can you just let me explain." I pleaded.

"He's going to hurt you Jade, I've tried so hard to get you to see that and now here you are."

"He's not going to hurt me, I love him." The words just tumbled out.

I hadn't even realized I felt like that but once I said the words I knew it was true. I loved Kieran.

"You love him? Jesus." He just shook his head.

"This isn't some fling Harlan, this is serious. He cares about me." I tried to explain to him.

"You may think that but you don't know him like I do. He's just playing you, how can you not see that?" Harlan argued.

"No you don't know him, you have this hate towards him that clouds your judgment. He slept with your girlfriend, I get it. But he's not a bad guy."

"I can't do this right now." Harlan turned and stormed out.

I let myself collapse on the ground as I cried. I didn't want this to happen. I just wanted everyone to be happy. I knew the moment I let Kieran into my life it was a mistake. I knew it would just lead to trouble but my heart had belonged to Kieran before I could even stop it. There was no going back, one second I was ignoring him because of my brother and the next he was all I thought about.

I knew what I was doing in the beginning but I guess I didn't mean for it to go this far. I just wanted to be happy and Kieran made me happy. He also made me sad, unbelievably frustrated, and annoyed the crap out of me. But it was because of all it that made me love him. Because for every time he made me cry or upset he was the one that brought the smile back to my face.

I just wanted my brother to be able to see that Kieran wasn't a bad guy. He slept with a girl at a party and that didn't make him the enemy. Maybe he should've stopped it because that girl happened to be dating my brother but if you were a single guy and a hot girl threw themselves at you what would you do?

"Hello?" I heard my best friend answer the phone.

I just sobbed into the phone. I wanted to know if Kieran was ok, I wanted to know where Harlan was. I just wanted everything to fix itself.

"Jade are you ok? What happened?"

"Harlan knows, h-he beat up Kieran and now he's gone." I hiccuped.

"Shit, ok what do you want me to do? You want me to come over?" Ava questioned.

"No, I need to go see Kieran, can you try to find Harlan?" I knew my twin wouldn't want to see me but maybe if Ava could track him down then she could at least tell me if he was ok.

"Yeah I'll call him and if he doesn't answer I'll go over to Jaxons."

I calmed down slightly. I needed to stop crying so I could get to Kieran's. I figured my brother took the car so I'd need to find a different way to get there.

"Shit, I didn't even think about not having a car. Can you drop me off at Kieran's?" I asked Ava.

"Yeah I'm on my way."

"Thank you." I finally let a small smile spread across my face.

"Everything is going to be ok." Ava said before hanging up the phone.

I wanted nothing more than to believe her.

A/n:

Harlan was going to find out at some point but like this?? That's rough for all of them.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Cora Leigh