𝐢

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...

My alarm rings through my room but I've been awake for the past couple of hours. I shut it off and jump out of bed excitedly. I check the date on my phone to make sure I'm not mistaken.

Friday, May 11

"Fuck yes!" I yell hopefully waking up Uncle Cole.

I've been waiting and training for this day for five and half years.

I run over to my dresser slipping on an over sized t shirt and some comfy shorts and run out of my room and to Cole's room.

Politely, I knock and wait for him to answer.

No response.

"Uncle Cole, I'm coming in, I really hope your not naked," I cringe and shake my head at the thought.

I open the door but his bedroom is empty. On his neatly made bed is a note. I walk over and pick it up.

Meet me at the agency
- your favorite prick :)

I chuckle at his note and crumble it up and throw it in the trash can. Slightly annoyed that he's making me wait longer than I already have, I walk to my room and into my bathroom to take a shower.

Once I get out of the shower I quickly brush my teeth and change into some baggy jeans and a tight black long sleeve shirt. I grab my car keys and head outside to my Audi R8.

Yeah...after my dad died, obviously he had a will. He left the money to my mother and I but since my mother has been missing for five and a half years I got all the money. And holy hell did that man have a ton of money.

At first it didn't feel right spending any of the money. But after a while Cole convinced me that it was okay and my parents would want the best for me and for me to have the money.

I drive off to the agency blasting music with the windows down.

Today's the first day I've felt good in a while. It feels nice, but I have a feeling it won't last.

I park in the underground parking lot and use the elevator to get to floor sixteen.

I tap my fingers on my pants in impatience.

"Can't these fucking elevators go any faster..." I mutter under my breath. The elevator stops at floor eleven as someone gets on.

It's like God wants me to get there slower. I mentally roll my eyes.

Finally I get to floor sixteen and I rush into Cole's office.

But he's not even here.

"Prick..." I roll my eyes as I go to sit in his chair. I decide to organize his messy desk while I wait for him to come back. I move all his pens into a little holder. I move his sticky notes to the side. As I'm about to organize his papers he walks in his office.

"Get out of my chair you little shit," He laughs shoving me.

"Maybe if you didn't take ten thousand years to get here," I roll my eyes moving to lean on his desk, "I organized your desk," He looks down and smiles slightly.

"Neat freak," He scoffs.

"One of us has to be, you're a slob," I retort laughing.

"Yeah, yeah...I assume you wanna talk about the actual reason why you're here," Cole sits down and crosses his arms over his chest. I nod my head in response. He leans down into the safe below his desk, I try to get a peak at the code but he scolds me.