𝐱𝐱𝐢

————
𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐬
————

"What do you say we get out of here?" I listen through the ear piece.

"But I just got here," Phoenix whines.

"C'mon baby..." I internally roll my eyes at this guy. I hear Aziel start singing Take a Hint from Victorious.

"Aziel if you don't shut the fuck up," Phoenix mumbles into her drink.

"Need some assistance chérie?" I chuckle.

We're at Alek's (Andrey's right hand man) event for other criminals like him. Aziel and Aspen are supposed to be distracting Alek, while Phoenix and I go upstairs to find Alek's office and try to find vital information, like where some of their warehouses and other stuff are.

But we can't really do that right now, while this guy is trying to get Phoenix in bed with him.

"Nope, I think I can manage," She whispers.

"Stop letting your pride get in the way of this mission." I scoff, "We should've been upstairs five minutes ago."

She looks over at me and nods curtly while her fist clenches her champagne glass. I internally smile.

"Just follow my lead," I say into the ear piece as I walk over. Then I turn it off because I don't need Aspen and Aziel hearing this. They'll make fun of us 'til the day we die.

Once I reach Phoenix I wrap my arm around her waist. She stiffens slightly, but easily slips into following my lead. She smiles up at me but I see the questioning and distaste in her green eyes. I bring my hand to her hair and tuck it behind her ear while simultaneously turning off her ear piece.

I feel Phoenix's "companion" staring at us, so I whisper in her ear, "How else are we going to get upstairs without any suspicions?"

I can tell she knows what I'm getting at because she whispers back, "By playing the in lust couple..." She just barely holds back her cringe.

Trust me, I hate this as much as you.

I smile at her and pull her closer to me. Finally I look up at the guy like I just noticed him. "Oh hey," I nod at him as Phoenix puts her hand on my chest, her soft hand curls around the the clothing covering my chest.

"Hey man," He looks me up and down, "Who are you?"

"My boyfriend," Phoenix answers for me. He looks over at her and I see the anger in his eyes.

"Are you fucking with me?" His clenches his fists, "You were flirting with me and you have a boyfriend?"

"Actually, I was just trying to have a drink," She furrows her brows lifting her drink.

"Whatever, bitch." He rolls his eyes. Phoenix scoffs at him. I grab his shoulder just as he's about to walk away. He winces at my tight grip.

"Let's not call women bitches when you don't get what you want," I smile at him, but it's a threatening one. He looks like he wants to say something else, but before he can, I interrupt him as anger simmers in my gut, "Leave."

He rolls his eyes at me and heads somewhere else (probably another girl to try and get laid).

I turn back to Phoenix and see her looking somewhere else. "What is it?"

"I think Alek's looking over here," She mumbles.

"So you're staring back at him?" I ask like she's dumb.

"Sorry," She winces. I push her so her back is against the bar.

"Is he still looking?" I ask.

"Kinda." She looks over at me. I smirk at her and my head dips down to her neck.