𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢

————
𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐬
————

I feel Phoenix's gaze switch back and forth to me and the window on the ride back to the hotel, but I don't look back at her. My mind still needs to process everything that just happened.

Phoenix and I kissed.

Furthermore, I was still kissing her neck in the elevator just in case Alek decided to look at the cameras after we left.

And I hate the fact that I enjoyed both of those events.

The way her soft lips and skin felt against mine has me craving for more. And the way sounds of pleasure escaped her mouth at every touch just makes me wonder what other sounds she can make... But we're on this mission to find her mother, not fuck around with each other.

I need to get her out of my head. We made out for the mission, not for our own pleasure. And she was literally considering getting caught, rather than kissing me. The thought makes me roll my eyes at her stubbornness.

Suddenly, a phone ringing brings me out of my mind. I turn my head to see Phoenix reaching inside her clutch to get her phone. She looks at the caller's name and a barely there grin immediately appears on her face. She answers the call with a, "Hey." There's a pause before her small grin turns into a wide smile, that I rarely ever see her give to anyone but one person.

I quickly realize that it's Cole who's calling her. She starts exchanging a few words about how the mission went, but I can't seem to pull my gaze away from her smile. I would never expect her to direct that smile at me. But seeing it makes me forget how much she enrages me sometimes.

I shake my head at myself and turn my head back to the window. I need to stay focused on this mission. The sooner we get this mission done, the sooner we can get back to the agency and I can start a new mission. Maybe even go back to France...

"You watched Ratatouille without me?" Phoenix says in a shocked laugh.

I wonder what it's like so have such a close relationship with a father figure like that...

The thought makes me clench my jaw in frustration.

"We're here," The driver suddenly says pulling me from my dark thoughts. He stops the car right outside the hotel.

"I gotta go, I'll call you later Cole." Phoenix says. They exchange their goodbyes as I pay the driver. We mumble a quick 'thanks' after we get out of the car and then we both start making our way back up to hotel room.

♚♚♚

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

"You lied."

Aspen's voice startles me. I look up to see her standing in my door way. I didn't even hear her come in.

I just finished changing out of my dress, and into something more comfortable. Aspen's brows are furrowed in a frown.

"About what?" I ask taking off my earrings and putting them on my dresser. Though I already have a feeling I know what she's talking about. I was stupid in thinking I could fool a literal genius.

"You didn't leave when you said you guys did, did you?" She crosses her arms.

"Aspen-"

"Why would you lie? We could've helped you."

"Because I didn't want you guys to worry, okay?" I sigh, "Besides everything's fine. We're all out of there, no one's hurt, no one got caught."