𝐱

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

We walked into the bar and it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. It's a quaint little place. There's a pool table in the back and a couple TV screens by the bar showing a football (or soccer) game. There's only a few groups of people in the bar, which is probably why, this guy chooses to come here. I spot Andrey's guy over at the end of the bar.

We move to sit at a booth in the back when Aziel says, "Alright, who's gonna do it?"

"I think it should be one of you guys," Aspen points to Hayes and Aziel, "He came to a bar, he probably is interested in guy talk, you know?"

"But how could a guy turn down two hot girls like you?" Aziel crosses his arms and leans back in his chair. I roll my eyes at him.

"How could he turn down a lesbian like me? Gee, I don't know..." Aspen says sarcastically.

"We could do rock, paper, scissors?" Hayes suggests.

"Wow rock, paper, scissors is really becoming our thing," Aziel laughs but puts his fist out anyway.

"Rock, paper, scissors, says...shoot,"

I put out rock, Aziel and Aspen both do paper, and Hayes also does rock.

"Oh great, the two of you can go do it." Aziel smiles sweetly.

I look over at Hayes and he shrugs, "As long as you don't fuck it up."

"Me? Fuck it up?" I say incredulously, "You should be worried about yourself."

"I don't fuck things up." He responds smugly.

"Oh you cocky little fuc-"

"Okay while you two are wondering which one of you is gonna fuck it up, Aziel and I are gonna wonder how the both of you are gonna fuck it up." Aspen mumbles rubbing her temples.

"All you guys have to do is literally not fight for like 15 minutes, maybe a little more," Aziel pleads, "It can't be that hard."

"Let's go." I mutter to Hayes and walk over to the bar where the guy is sitting.

Hayes waves over the bartender and orders a whiskey, "Do you want something?" He asks.

"Any kind of beer," I reply in Spanish. The bartender nods and walks away to get our drinks.

"How are we gonna do this..." I trail off in thought.

"I could go up and talk to him first, you know, the whole "bro talk" thing Aspen was talking about. You wait for our drinks, and then come over and I'll say your my sister or something."

"Sister?" I raise an eyebrow at him. "We look absolutely nothing a like."

"Whatever, I'll figure it out," He says. I try to stop him before he walks over to the guy but he doesn't listen.

"Stupid impulsive little shit." I shake my head at him. I listen in on their conversation, while I wait for our drinks. Hayes puts on a French accent (which sound surprisingly real) and talks to him about the soccer game. They start laughing together and it looks like they're having a good time.

Finally our drinks come, and of course Hayes left me to pay for them. I take a deep breath before walking over to them.

"Hey Dmitri," Hayes says when he sees me walking over. I guess that's the guys name. "This is my," There's a slight pause before he says, "Girlfriend." His eyes widen slightly. Obviously he didn't mean to say that.

Great, now I have to act all snuggly with him. I give him a sweet smile that promises a delightful punch once we get out of here.

"Hey babe," It kills me to say that. Like I literally think I lost a few years off my life. I hand him his drink and he smiles at me, his façade slipping back into place. I take a long sip of my beer because I know I'll need it.