𝐯

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

An hour later we all left the event. We got all the information we could without getting compromised. Aspen got some names that Andrey could potentially be associated with.

It's currently 12:05 pm and I can't sleep. Aspen fell asleep a long time ago. I'm standing out on the balcony with a glass of wine as one question circles my head.

How the fuck does Gio know I'm an agent?

I pull out the card that he gave me. I wave it between my index and middle finger as I debate calling him. Could it compromise us? But it didn't seem like those were his intentions...

"Fuck it," I mutter pulling out my phone. I dial "*67" before putting his number in. It rings a few times and then he answers.

"Phoenix Cecelia Caddel..." He trails, I can almost here his smile on the other end of the phone.

"How did you know it was me calling?" I ask my brows furrowing in confusion.

"I knew you were going to call tonight, you were always a very curious person," He chuckles.

"You know me?" I question again.

"I'm hurt you don't remember me Phoenix,". I try to search my mind to see if I remember anyone that looks like him, but nothing.

"How do you know I'm an agent?" I sit down on one of the chairs on the balcony.

"I was a friend of Celia and Chris," He sighs referring to my parents.

"My parents, who were agents. Were friends with you, a mafia boss?" I speak suspiciously.

"Yeah, surprising I know," He laughs, "We met when they were on a mission. They had a target to kill, and I wanted to kill the same person since he had some debts he never paid,".

"And they never brought you to the agency?"

"Surprisingly no. My mafia has never killed innocent people. I'm against that. We kill people that cross us or bad people if they come across our path," He answers.

"How did you know I was their kid?".

"I would recognize Celia's daughter anywhere. Even with all that makeup," He chuckles lightly, "It was very hard to keep a straight face talking to you. 'Drugs and other things' my ass,".

"Hey, I wasn't lying about the other things," I scoff getting slightly more comfortable with him since he knew my parents.

"So...you're going after Andrey?" He sighs.

"Yes, and to find my mom," I stand from my chair and lean on the railings of the balcony.

"I've been trying to find where he's keeping her for years..." He starts, "I've gotten so much information on him, which I've sent to your uncle Cole, but he's really fucking good at covering his tracks,".

"We're gonna find her," I say with determination.

"I know you will. I believe in your team if you're the one leading it. You're a lot like your parents in that aspect, being the leader." He clarifies.

"They're my biggest role models," I sigh.

"And they should be. They're one of the strongest people I know," I hear muffled voices from the other end of the phone, "I gotta go Phoenix, but please call me if you ever need anything,".

"I will," I say meaning it. Him being a mafia boss can be very helpful for us. I end the call looking down at the city of Madrid below me. The city is still lively. Cars traveling and people walking on the busy streets.