𝐱𝐱𝐱

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
•••

I hear the hotel door shut from the balcony while I'm left to catch my breath. The ache between my thighs is almost unbearable.

Fuck, I hate him for that.

But the thought of this thing between me and Hayes becoming a game makes my heart pound with exhilaration and the pulse in my core beat harder. My mind runs wild with all the ways I can tempt him to break first because I most definitely will not be the one to break first.

I take a deep breath willing my body to calm down after everything that just happened with Hayes as I look out over the city of Cairo. My phone buzzes with a text message from the table on the balcony and I pick it up, finding a message from Aziel to our group chat.

Aziel
I hope you guys are done fighting :) Meet back up in half an hour to go over the info we gathered?

I react to the message with a thumbs up and drop my phone on the table with a sigh. A rush runs down my spine as I think of seeing Hayes again in half an hour. Will he be all for tempting me or is he just going to act like nothing happened?

My jaw clenches at the thought of him doing the latter as my phone buzzes again with a call. I look down to see the call is from Cole and all thoughts of Hayes disperse. I pick up the phone with a small grin and answer it.

"Hey," I hear Cole's smile on the other end.

"What's up?" I ask as I sit down on one of the couches on the balcony.

Cole clears his throat, "Just wanted to check how you were doing. And how the mission went. But you first."

"I'm fine. Cairo is beautiful." I tell him.

"Yeah, I remember when I went there for this first time..." Cole goes on to tell me the story of a mission he had in Cairo making me smile. "Anyway, how are things going between the team?"

"They're good." I say, "Aspen and Aziel are great."

"Uh-huh..." Cole trails and I hear a grin in his voice, "And you and Hayes?" he prompts making my mind flick back to less than twenty minutes ago when he had me pinned against the wall.

No. Not going there.

I clear my throat, "Fine, I guess."

"And what does fine entail?"

I sigh and I begin to tell him how today's mission went and ending with how Hayes shot Asim before we could get any information out of him.

Cole is quiet on the other end in thought. "As you director, I agree with you. Hayes should've incapacitated Asim in any other way. But as your guardian, I'm glad he killed him." I hear the anger in Cole's voice in the last sentence.

"I know. And it's not like I'm ungrateful, you know?" I pause, "It's just..."

Cole sighs in understanding, "I know, kid. Your urge to find your mom is greater than the urge for your safety."

"Yeah..." I chuckle though that's probably not a fact I should be laughing at.

"I don't know why your laughing Phoe," Cole jokes, "I don't think that's such a good thing."