𝐱𝐢

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

"I cannot believe you called me your girlfriend," I yell at Hayes in the car, "You literally could have left out the girl and just said friend."

"Trust me I can't believe it either," Hayes says through gritted teeth, "My brain fucking short circuited."

"Your brain does that all the time." I roll my eyes at him.

"I wish I got that on fucking video, Aspen and I were crying." Aziel laughs at us.

"Fuck you." Hayes and I say at the same time. Then we both glare at each other.

"You know what I can't believe?" Hayes turns to me.

"I didn't ask." I fake smile at him.

"You have the maturity of a twelve year old." Hayes rolls his eyes at me. "You jumped in my fucking lap."

"She jumped in your lap!" Aspen and Aziel yell at the same time and then burst out laughing. Then they fist bump.

"I fucking panicked," I glare at him. "Trust me, your lap is the last place I wanna sit. Besides, I wouldn't have had to sit in your lap if you didn't call me your girlfriend."

Hayes opens his mouth to retort but Aspen interrupts him, "Guys I think we're here," Dmitri's car pulls into a long dirt drive way, most likely leading to the warehouse.

"We should leave the car here, they would definitely notice a car that's not of of theirs coming up their driveway." Hayes suggests. Aspen pulls the car over and turns off the engine. Aziel opens the center console and pulls out our guns and hands them to us. We silently get out of the car and creep up the drive way.

About a hundred feet ahead of us is a large warehouse. A bunch of trucks and other cars surround it. I can see some lights on in the building. We get as close as we dare to, and then duck behind a bush.

"Look," Aziel points to Dimitri's figure getting out of his car.

Another man walks up to him and claps him on the back. "Can you believe we're going to Greece?" The man says excitedly fully confirming our suspicions of where they're going next.

"Yeah man, it's pretty cool, but what about all the girls here?" Dimitri asks.

Shit...

"Oh, boss has a buyer for them." Dimitri's companion waves the topic off likes it's nothing. I hear Aspen gasp lightly next to me. Anger simmers in my gut. They have girls here that are being human trafficked? I want to jump out of the bush and demand they take me to the girls but that would be stupid.

"Damn, that was quick..." mutters Dimitri. "When is the buyer coming?"

"Right after we leave for Greece." The guy says, "Boss didn't want any physical contact with this guy, he says he's shady."

"Won't the girls try to run?" Dimitri asks.

"Nah, we'll make sure they don't try shit," He chuckles darkly. The grip I have on my gun tightens in disgust and anger. Hayes must be effected by his gross words too, because his jaw is clenching tightly.

"When should I start packing up?" Dimitri asks but they start to walk away and their conversation fades.

"We've already started packing up the warehouse. But Boss says we're leaving the day after that last job."

"You mean for that guy he wants dead?" Dimitri says, and it's the last thing we hear because they walk inside.

"What are the chances that 'that guy he wants dead' is Maxwell?" Aziel says.