𝐱𝐢𝐯

————
𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐬
————

The men came barging into his house. The little boy didn't understand what was happening. His mom told him to go to his room. Being the little mama's boy that he was, he went.

He heard shouting. He heard them say something about his father. Then there was more yelling. When he heard his mother start screaming and shouting 'no' he decided to leave his room.

When the little boy left his room, he saw everything. But he was frozen in place. At the time he didn't understand what was happening.

But one day he would learn what happened. And he would mourn what was lost that day.

♚♚♚

I wake up with a jump on the plane. I look around and see that Aspen is passed out with drool rolling down her cheek and Aziel has his headphones in probably sleeping too. I look to the seat across from me and see Phoenix looking through a magazine.

The nightmare was different this time. It's different every time...

I try to shake the nightmare from my mind, but the images from that night replay in my head.

"Are you okay?" Her voice pulls me from my thoughts. I look over at her rubbing away the sleep from my eyes.

"Mhm, why?" I mumble forcing nonchalance into my scratchy voice.

"Nothing, you just kinda startled awake." Phoenix shrugs.

"I was just dreaming about finally being away from you, and then I woke up but, nope, I'm still here." I roll my eyes.

"Ha ha, you're so funny," Phoenix deadpans. "Honestly, maybe you should quit this whole agent thing, and consider a career in comedy."

I scoff, "Look who's the funny one now."

She flips through a page in the magazine and says, "You know you talk in your sleep?"

Fuck.

"Really?" I ask feigning nonchalance again, "What'd I say?"

"Don't know. Couldn't really make it out." She looks over at me and I try to keep the relief out of my face.

Thank fuck.

"But based off what you told me, I'm sure you were jumping with joy that you were away from me." She fake smiles at me.

Changing the topic I ask her, "Why aren't you sleeping?" I check the time on my phone and it's twelve am.

"Couldn't really sleep." Is all she says but she doesn't need to say more. After the day we had, I had a hard time falling asleep too. I just hope those girls find their families again.

One of the pilots comes over the intercom and says, "Agents we will be landing in Athens in about ten minutes."

I buckle up my seatbelt again and look out the window at the capitol city of Greece, lights from buildings filling up the dark sky. I let this image replace the one from my nightmare and finally relax in my seat a little more.

♚♚♚

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

When we got to the hotel all of us were so tired we all went straight to bed. Our hotel room is bigger this time. Our rooms are connected by a living room with a small kitchen and we all have separate bedrooms this time. I don't know why Cole decided to splurge on us, maybe he felt bad that I was getting my hopes down about Mom. But either way, I'm fine with it because there was little chocolates under my pillow.