𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

TW: Human Trafficking

"Did you call the CNI?" I ask Aspen. It's the day after Maxwell's event and we're on our way over to the warehouse that Andrey and his men used to occupy. Aziel and Hayes checked earlier to make sure that they actually left and thankfully they did.

I told Aspen that we'd need to call the CNI (Centro Nacional de Inteligencia -in other words Spain's equivalent to the USA's FBI). We'd need to leave soon after we rescue the girls and they'd do a better job at finding all of their families and homes.

"Yeah, they said they'd be there as soon as possible." She turns down the road that leads to Andrey's warehouse. I heave a deep sigh, nervous for when we get to the warehouse. How are those girls going to respond to getting help? Will they be scared of us because of the traumatization? Will they thankfully accept the rescue? There's so many ways this could go.

We turn in to the driveway to the warehouse and I turn back to Hayes and Aziel. "Ready?"

"Yes and no," Aziel replies honestly. I nod, knowing how he feels. Sometimes it's so thrilling to be an agent, and don't get me wrong. I love my job. But when it comes to missions like these, they're heavy on the heart. Seeing things like these hurt. Because why the fuck are some people like this? Why do people think it's okay to do this?

I try to give him a reassuring smile. "We're saving them Aziel."

He nods. "I know, I just wish I could do something else for them...you know?"

Bless Aziel and his big heart.

Hayes nods in agreement.

We get out of the car and pull out our guns.

Better to be safe than sorry.

"Maybe one of us should go in first?" I say, "You know so we don't overwhelm them all?" They nod their assent and I slowly make my way towards the door to the warehouse. I take a deep breath before opening the door. The first thing I see if a group of girls in a dirty state piled into the middle of the warehouse. All of their hands are tied behind their backs and their legs tied together.

I swear my heart breaks at the sight. I calmly make my way in to warehouse, but I make it one step before one of the girls starts shaking her head quickly. At first I think it's because she's scared of me. But then out of the corner of my eye, I see movement.

Swiftly I turn and catch a first before it hits my face.

Shit, of course they would leave someone behind to make sure everything went okay with the deal.

I bring my knee up and try to hit him in the gut but he moves out of the way just in time. I swing my gun at his head, but again, he dodges it.

"Who the fuck are you?" He sneers at me still in a fighting stance.

I put my hands up in mock surrender, and pretend to put my gun on the floor. He relaxes at that but I move like lightning and kick him in his crotch. He grunts in pain and falls to the floor. I hear a few of the girls gasp and I swear I hear one cheer for me, bringing a small smile to my face.

"Aspen!" I call as I get on top of the guy pinning his arms behind his back.

"Mhm?" I hear her call back.

"We have rope right?"

There's a pause before she answers again. "Yes...why?"

"Andrey decided to leave someone here." I say. I hear rushed footsteps moving around on the gravel outside. Then Aspen comes in with the rope in hand.