𝐱𝐯𝐢

————
𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐬
————

When we reach the motel it's packed, and I know there will be very few rooms left. Everyone's trying to find cheap shelter from the storm. I try to wake up Phoenix before I get out of the car, but she's knocked out, which worries me a little.

I thank the driver and run from the shelter of the car to the reception desk inside, while trying to shield Phoenix from the rain. The door bell jingles behind me as it opens and closes.

Thunder booms outside as the lady at the desk looks up at me and then down to Phoenix in my arms and raises and eyebrow. She says something in Greek to me but I furrow my brows in confusion.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak Greek." I step up to the desk.

"τουρίστες." She mumbles rolling her eyes. That I do understand because it sounds a lot like tourist in English.

"We barely have any room left." She starts, her Greek accent prominent, "All the bigger rooms are taken and only the smalls ones are left."

"I'll take whatever you have." I tell her. I really don't care.

I pay her and she hands me a key to room 204. I walk back outside, and quickly up the stairs to the second floor. I struggle getting the key in the door with Phoenix still in my arms. I'm surprised she hasn't woken up yet.

I walk inside the room and the lady at the desk really wasn't kidding when she said they only have small rooms left.

I look around the room and 'lo and behold...there's only one fucking bed. Suddenly I do care. But when I turn around to go back to the reception desk, I look down from the balcony and see the long line through the door.

Fuck.

Sighing I walk into the room and put Phoenix on the bed finally giving my arms a break. I take off her heels because her feet have to be killing her from having them on for a couple of hours.

I quickly text Aspen and Aziel, updating them about our situation and they text back immediately.

Aspen: u should have told us sooner we were freaked out

Aziel: no we weren't we were watch Greek TV

Aspen: ok tru but like still

Aziel: you and phoe alone in a motel together?? that should be fun.

Aziel's text is followed up by a smirking emoji and I send him the middle finger emoji back.

Aspen: LMFAO pls don't kill each other

Aziel: i bet phoe would win

Aspen: truuuu

Me: wtf guys

Aspen: ok but seriously make sure she's ok, if she comes back hurt i'll beat ur ass

Once I reassure them that we'll be fine (which they have a very hard time believing) I get in the shower, hoping Phoe will be up when I get out.

♚♚♚

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

I wake up in a groggy daze. Groaning at the headache pounding on the right side of my head. My other sense start to wake up and I hear muffled water running to my right. I feel blankets surrounding me. I must be in a motel because I smell that weird motel scent. I try to rub the sleep from my eyes, and my arms feel so heavy as I rub my eyes. Finally I open my eyes and see that, I am, indeed in a motel room.