𝐢𝐱

————
𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐬
————

"What the fuck is he doing just carrying his gun around?" I shake my head but I can't help but laugh at him. I turn to look at Phoenix but she's already looking at me. Or rather my bare chest.

I watch as heat fills her gaze and I can't help but feel smug about it.

My smugness is short lived when I finally realize what she's wearing. A tiny black sports bra that accentuates her cleavage and tight workout shorts, showing off the curves of her hips and thighs.

Well fuck me.

Phoenix catches me staring and now she's the smug one. At least she can hide her lady boner.

"Actually, I think Aziel is right," Phoenix says smiling and it almost scares me. "I think it would be wonderful to fight out our hate- or whatever the fuck he said."

"If you don't break my nose again, I'm down." I shrug.

"No promises." She smiles wider as she walks over to the mat in the middle of the room and starts stretching. "How long do you think he's gonna keep us in here?" She asks as I sit down on the mat and start stretching too.

"Until he's bored." I say. "I'm surprised he's not sitting in here and watching us." Phoenix's lips twitch at this but she smothers it quickly.

After we've stretched we stand across from each other on the mat and get in a fighting stance.

"I have permission to hit you right?" I ask.

Chivalry is not dead.

"Yes." She says rolling her eyes but they're filled with amusement, "Okay now go."

We stand there waiting for each other to make the first move. Phoenix ends up striking first. She kicks out her knee intending to hit me in the stomach but I dodge it moving left. I don't give her time to think and strike my fist out to hit her sternum. But she darts away quickly.

Damn she's fast.

She kicks out her leg to hit my side, I grunt as her foot connects with her target. She smirks at me. I use her distraction to kick her feet out from under her. Phoenix falls to the ground and lets out an 'oof' that brings a grin to my face. I quickly kneel down beside her and put a finger gun up to her forehead and make a bullet sound.

"You'd be dead right now." I say.

"Fuck off, let's go again." Determination and something else fills her voice.

So we practice for about 2 more hours until we agree that this will be our last one.

It starts off with me trying to knee Phoenix in the side but she swerves out of the way. After that she tries to knee me in the dick. Thank fuck I jump out of the way.

"There should be a rule that your not allowed to hit me there." I grumble.

"There are no rules in real combat." Phoenix says. And she's right.

I move to punch her in the stomach but she catches my fist and twists it. I pull my fist from her grip but she doesn't wait for me to recover, she knocks my feet out from under me sending me to the ground. She gets on top of me and leans down to put a finger gun to my head mimicking what I did earlier.

"Dead." She whispers. I don't think she realized how close she was getting to my face but we're only inches apart. Her green eyes dart down to my lips for a brief second. I look down to our connected bodies and then to her lips.

"Not gonna happen pretty boy." Phoenix smiles at me, her voice a low purr. But her heavy lidded eyes contradict her statement.

"Didn't say it would, chérie." I smirk at her as she -probably subconsciously- bites her lip.