𝐱𝐱

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

I sprint down the long, dark, and eerie hallway. Something's chasing me but I don't know what. All I know is that I need to run.

My rapid heartbeat and breath ring through my ears. I hear fast paced footsteps right behind me, making me run faster.

I can feel my legs starting to get tired. My legs falter as I run.

But then all of a sudden I get stopped in place.

I can't run anymore.

I hear a choked noise leave my mouth as I try to pick up my feet, but they won't move. I try to look behind me but all I see is darkness. I still hear rapid footsteps behind me. I look down at my feet trying to move, but that was the wrong decision.

As soon as I look down, I hear a deep breathing right in my ear. There's a cold body behind me.

I swiftly turn my head, and a scream immediately leaves my lips.

"T-this isn't real..." I whisper.

"Yes, it is," My dad mutters maliciously. Blood is pouring out of a whole in his chest. He's wearing the same thing that he was on the day he died. His eyes have dark circles under them and he looks ghostly pale. I notice his body starting to deteriorate the longer I stare at him.

"N-no," I mumble. I start to see him bones showing through his skin.

"Yes it is, and it's all your fault..." His lips curl. "I'm dead because of you and your mother is tortured everyday. Why didn't you shoot Phoenix? Why?"

"Dad...please," I cry.

"Since I'm dead, you'll have to say hello to your mother for me," Dad's lips curl and with one last look at him, he suddenly shoves me and I feel myself falling. I try to let out a scream but nothing leaves my mouth.

Everything is black for five seconds, before I appear in another room. The room is made of stone. I quickly get up. But as I stand, I notice my mother strapped to a chair. Andrey is behind her with a gun in his hand. His lips are curled in an evil grin.

My mom has tears in her eyes. Her clothes are so dirty and ripped. She looks like she hasn't had proper sleep in years. Her body is so small. I choked cry leaves my lips. But as I try to run for her, I trip over myself.

"Ah-ah-ah Phoenix," Andrey says. I look up at him from my spot on the floor. "You can look but, you can't come any closer," He starts to circle the chair where my mom sits. "Look what you've done to our Celia." He drags the gun down her cheek.

"N-no." I stand up again.

"Yes," He sighs in fake sadness, "If only you didn't listen to your Uncle five and a half years ago and shot all of us like your gut told you to." He tuts.

"Why didn't you shoot Phoenix?" My mom starts talking, "You were our only hope."

"B-but-" I try

"You're the reason your father's dead. You're the reason I'm in Andrey's possession. You could've prevented this."

"I couldn't have..." I try to deny but it holds know conviction.