𝐯𝐢

••••
𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱
••••

"How did it go yesterday?" Cole asked over the phone as I take a bite of my croissant I ordered from the café I'm now sitting at.

"Fine, Aspen got some information on some people he might be associated with," I inform him, "Hey, do you know someone named Giovanni Ricardo?" I ask. There's a pause on the the other side of the phone.

"...Why?" Cole finally asks.

"So you do know him?"

"Yes, do you?"

"Kinda..." I start, "He was at the event last night and he recognized me."

"Is that all or?"

"He gave me his business card, and told me to call him so I did and he connected the dots and found out what mission we were on, who i am, and said to call if I ever need anything."

"God...I haven't heard his name in forever," Cole trails.

"Can I trust him then?"

"Yes, he was a friend of ours, he's a good guy, regardless of the kind of work he's in," Cole says, "How was working with Hayes?" I can hear his smile on the other end of the phone.

"He's still a prick but he didn't screw anything up, so there's that,"

He hums before saying, "I have a quick side mission for you guys. Are you with the team right now?"

"No, I'm at a café having a quiet breakfast," I take a sip of my coffee, "Before you ask, no one can hear you, I have headphones in,"

"Okay, I emailed you and the others the information for this case. I need you to protect someone...." He starts explaining.

♚♚♚

"Liam Maxwell," I say as I turn my computer towards Aspen, Aziel, and Hayes. After Cole told me the gist of the situation, I headed back to the hotel to fill the others in. "CEO of Maxwell Enterprises. He's holding a fundraiser in Barcelona for people with cancer and he got an anonymous tip off that someone is gonna try to assassinate him."

"And Director wants us to protect him?" Aziel muses, "Why?"

"Because he's asked for our protection and he's paying a shit ton of money for it." I chuckle.

"How much?" Hayes asks. I scroll to the bottom of the files Cole sent and all their mouths drop.

"Shit," Aspen mutters.

"We're all splitting that right? It can't be that much..." Aziel mumbles.

"Nope, Director said each of us get that much."

"If he's paying us this much, I wonder how much money he makes," Muses Hayes.

"But we only get the money if we succeed in protecting him and catch who tried to kill him," I start.

"I should be able to get into the cameras at the venue." Aspen pipes up.

"Director also sent of list of people Maxwell thinks could be trying to kill him." I show them the list.

"That's a lotta people," Aziel mumbles as he scrolls through the list.

"That's the business world for you." Hayes says. I almost nod in agreement, "Did you see who's on this list?" He looks at me.

"I skimmed through it, why?" I ask. He points to a name on the screen and turns the computer towards me.

Andrey Petrov.