BABYSITTING (2)

Corpse didn't know why he agreed to do this. Maybe it was because he had just woken up, or Weston looked so stressed and he felt bad. He really couldn't figure it out.

    He had never been around kids before. He had only seen Killian a few times in passing, and really only talked to Weston every few days when they ran into each other at the mailboxes. He wasn't judging her, but who just leaves their kid with a stranger?

    Corpse watched Killian curiously from the kitchen. He was sitting on the couch, the tablet in his lap, playing a movie quietly. Corpse was expecting him to run around, tear up his stuff, but Weston had been right. He really just sat there.

    Corpse began making breakfast for himself. He usually couldn't, considering he was never awake before 12, but today felt different and maybe he would have a good day.

    He decided on simple scrambled eggs, since he could eat those and not cause any flare ups with his condition.

    Continuing to glance over at Killian every few minutes, he finished up his breakfast, sprinkling salt and pepper on top so it didn't taste so bland. He made a glass of orange juice for himself, and sat at his small table.

    He was almost done when Killian was standing next to him, eyes towards the floor and hands folded nervously in front of him.

    "M-Mr. C?" Killian said quietly.

    Corpse just stared at him. Oh shit, it talks.

    "Uh.. you can call me Corpse," he said. "What's up?"

    Maybe he shouldn't have said "what's up" to have a five year old, but it was too late now. He didn't know the rules!

    "My... my mommy said I- I- I can't say that word."

    "Uh.... call me Crops, then. It's the same but not the same," Corpse explained dumbly. It was the only thing he could think of, that he would actually remember to respond to. He could hear his own tone change when talking to the kid, and it bothered him, but once it started he couldn't stop. "What did you need?"

    "I... I'm hungry," Killian said quietly, head only tilting up slightly to stare at the eggs still on Corpse's plate.

    "Oh, I'll make you some eggs. Is that okay?"

    "With cheesy on top?" Killian asked, a big smile on his face, as he stared at Corpse, waiting for an answer.

    Corpse smiled, "yes, with cheesy on top."

    Killian had come out of his shell after Corpse made his eggs. They ate together, and since Corpse didn't have any kid utensils, he had to help him a little.

    What Corpse hadn't considered when he agreed to watch the kid was his stream he had promised to do later. Hopefully, if Corpse played a long enough movie Killian wouldn't interrupt, but he couldn't be sure it would be that easy.

    Weston didn't know what Corpse did for a living. No one did, but now a five year old was supposed to be trusted with such sensitive information.

    When the time did come, Corpse set him up in front of the large TV he had in his living room. He put on a kids show for him, and hoped he would be okay. Making sure he had plenty of snacks and juice, Corpse went into his youtube room with a sigh. He was nervous and stressed already, throwing a kid on top of that was making it nearly unbearable.

    He set everything up, doing multiple tests for his microphone, headphones, and discord call, ensuring his friends could hear him before he started.