VISIT (22)

Weston tried to hide her own nervousness, knowing it wouldn't help Corpse at all. This was big for him, and she wasn't going to make this about her.

She was nervous too, but not as anxious about this. This was Corpse's livelihood. He'd been talking to these people for months, and the more fame he got, the less probable it became that they would ever see him in person. He meant it when he said he wouldn't go if she wasn't there with him.

Rae had been texting him all morning, excited to see Killian, but also letting Corpse know that she would try her best to divert attention away from him.

At first, it was just meeting for lunch, in public, and Corpse was anxious, but it seemed okay. Then it became going to Rae's house instead, since they knew they would be recognized, and people would probably put the pieces together about who they were. It was just Rae and Sykkuno, until Corpse realized that Rae had roommates, and it would be rude not to meet them too. But then, they're the amigops... wouldn't it be rude not to invite Toast?

The list of people they were supposed to meet, had tripled, all in 48 hours.

Corpse fiddled his rings, too anxious to stop. He could feel Weston's hand brushing over his leg soothingly, but he couldn't stop it from shaking. They were almost there, he recognized, after hearing the navigation announce their final destination in .2 miles.

Killian was so excited, and Weston tried her best to remind him that he had to be respectful, and there would be more people around that he hadn't met before.

He was still reeling though, too focused on seeing all of "his" friends he had been waiting to meet in person.

Weston pulled into the long driveway, trying not to notice the amount of cars already there. It was incredibly intimidating. They knew Corpse, and they knew Killian, but no one had met Weston before. They didn't even know her name, except for Rae. What if they believed what everyone online said? That she was a bad mother? Couldn't afford her son?

She got Killian out of the car, fixing some of his long curls. He had wanted to leave his hair down, which was fine, except he always smushed them in the car.

"Killian, if you have any issues, come to me, okay? I'll be with you the whole time," Weston reminded.

She wasn't worried about him getting treated a certain way, but he was concerned that he would be too shy, and feel too flustered. He never did well with new people; not usually, at least.

She let Corpse sit in the car alone, keeping Killian at bay by letting him look at the pretty flowers lining the driveway. When Corpse exited the car, he was wearing a mask, pulled up to his lower lashes, and his hair was falling in front of his face, nearly in his eyes. With one hand holding onto Killian's small palm, Weston brushed away his hair, and pulled the mask down slightly.

"You're doing great, baby," she muttered quietly. "They already love you, they're just putting a face to a voice, right?" she reminded.

Corpse nodded, but his hands were shaking and he looked like he was going to pass out.

With Killian on her hip, and Corpse shyly holding her left hand with his right one, he knocked on the front door. Almost instantly, it opened, Rae standing in front of the other five people they were supposed to meet. At the sight of his friends, Corpse released Weston's hand shyly, standing awkwardly next to her.

Weston ignored the pang in her chest, and tried to be normal. "Hi," she said softly.

"Hi! Oh my gosh, please come in!!" Rachel was loud, and charismatic, and Weston loved it. She hadn't been around a girl her age in so long.