END (53)

Corpse exited their room, closing the door gently. Weston's parents were sleeping in Killian's room while they stayed in San Diego, since Killian had a full size bed and they didn't have a guest room. Killian would be sleeping with them until they left.

    "Did he go down easy?" Weston asked, sipping on her whiskey at the dining room table, her parents sitting across from her.

    "Yeah, he was a little whiny but he's fine," Corpse confirmed, sitting next to her.

    He grabbed his own glass, the Tennessee Whiskey sitting in the center of the table.

    "What makes this whiskey different than any other?" Corpse questioned jokingly.

    Mr. Fields had been bragging about the whiskey from Tennessee in every phone call between himself and Corpse. They were both men who loved it, even after Corpse had gone a little too far one too many times. He could still appreciate a small glass full.

    "You'll see," Mr. Fields encouraged, a big smile on his face.

    Corpse took a sip, the alcohol burning down his throat, combined with the added sweetness on his tongue.

    "Holy shit," he muttered, eyes wide. He downed the whole glass quickly, making Weston and her family laugh at him. "It's sweet, and smooth, and... wow." Corpse's voice had gotten considerably deeper from the alcohol soaking his throat and vocal cords.

    "Told you," Mr. Fields bragged, pouring himself another glass.

    They talked until the early morning, catching up and talking about everything under the sun.

    Corpse felt so comfortable, like he had finally belonged to something. With a hand on Weston's thigh under the table, he squeezed lightly.

    She looked at him, a soft smile on her flushed face. She was tipsy, her eyes closing almost too much from her smile.

    He couldn't help but smile back at her.

NOTE!!

thank you so much for everything. tennessee whiskey is over!!! i will be working on a new story that i will announce every soon!
i love and appreciate your support. thank you for everything. i love you all dearly.