CLARITY (18)

Weston didn't want to explain anything to Corpse. She wanted to sleep all of this off, and forget about the feelings she had today.

But Corpse wouldn't let it go, and she knew that, so she would have to suck it up.

They were sitting together on the couch, Weston curled into his side. They were watching the live feed of New York City, although neither of them cared to see the ball drop. It was enough to fill the silence.

She was emotional, yet again, and he knew she just needed to vent, but wouldn't take initiative to do it on her own.

Her hand was red and aching from her burn earlier, which was distracting her from what her brain was reeling about.

"What's wrong?" Corpse muttered quietly, running his fingers gently over her arms.

Weston sighed, "it's been a long day."

"Yeah? Thats all?" Corpse asked again.

"No, but..."

"If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to," he reassured her. "But we should talk about Christmas eve, and what that means going forward."

Weston sighed again. Honestly, a relationship, or whatever the hell this was, with Corpse was the last of her worries. She honestly didn't want any labels, and she didn't really want to talk about the logistics of anything. They needed to slow down, and both of them knew it. For the sake of Killian, more than anyone else.

"Yeah," she commented, but left it at that.

"I think... I don't know what you want, and it really is all about you and especially Killian," Corpse said.

"It's more about him than me. I don't want to talk about this," she said honestly.

She knew it was slightly selfish. She could tell it was something Corpse had been struggling to figure out on his own, and he needed guidance, but she couldn't bring herself to care. All she wanted to do was lay in his arms, and pretend she was in this nice and happy family; a family that hadn't left her completely abandoned.

"Can you at least just tell me if you see this going anywhere?" He offered desperately.

Weston thought about it for a few seconds. "I do... and thats the hard part, Corpse. There are so many things... so many fucked up things that I don't know about you and you don't know about me. I come with a hell of a lot of baggage and issues, and thats not including Killian and the lifelong commitment that he is. I... I get it if thats not something you're okay with. But you know how it is; Killian comes first for me, no matter what."

She didn't have the energy to look up at him, but she felt him nod. "I think we slow down for now. Keep Killian away from the relationship part until he's ready, and we're ready."

Weston nodded. They sat in silence for a long while, before she finally felt up to it.

"Killian asked where his dad was today," she was quiet. "I guess... I guess some kids at school made fun of him because he told them he only has a Mom. I didn't even, fuck, I didn't even know what to fucking say. All I could focus on was how pissed I was that Nathan wasn't here to explain himself. I... I have to do it all on my own. I have to be mommy, daddy, doctor.... all of it. And I can handle it; I've done for five years already but I just wish he could see how great Killian is, and be so fucking jealous that he doesn't get to see him the way I do."

Corpse pulled her closer for comfort. "He's a great kid, Weston. And you're a great mother."

"I know, but that doesn't mean its easy."

"I know that." Corpse said, not really knowing what to say.

NOTE!!
tell me what you think :)